Life A1 - anyone know more?

What’s this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundcore-Wireless-Customized-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Black/dp/B08KDZ2NZX

Unsure but look a little like the spirit dots.

I checked the US and they do not have A1.

Wow another silent release but seems close to Life Dot 2 without the massive battery life and wireless charging capability for the case

Yea it’s only available in UK and Germany from what I can see

These do have wireless charging capabilities, it also has 3 Audio modes which is nice. I can see these being a good fit for those who like podcast as it has a mode specifically to enhance the vocals. But of course that can always be achieved with the equalizer. But none the less it looks like a good Product

1 Like

Sneaky product release

1 Like

Yes that’s true. I think this is the cheapest one that has different EQ setting for boosted vocals and what not. Spirit Pro used to have dual EQ with bass boost but nothing for vocals. If anyone is not willing to spend extra for app compatible earbuds, then this is a good start into Soundcore I guess (and Life Dot 2 for people needing that crazy battery life)

Just got them, sound good enough for the price (60€). Only bummer so far is, that they are not supported by the soundcore app. Hopefully this will change. Anyone know something?

1 Like

I’d assumed “sold as seen” in all technology purchases, it is the safest way to make lowest risk purchase decisions.

I doubt these buds will get retrospective app support, I suspect the app devs are working on features of future products in the pipeline.

There are good reasons for this, technical and commercial:

Technical: the hardware has to be designed for application support, you are carrying a data path over the standard audio path.

Commercial: the vendor / consumer relationship is where the consumer decides yes/no to buying based on existing features. The vendor has invested cost (development, testing) in making the product. Once the consumer has bought the product then the vendor’s costs thereafter lower their margins. Lower margins then means less capability to invest in future products. So making existing products better makes future products worse. Also if you retrospectively add features then it narrows the gap with future products so lowers future revenue.

For both technical and commercial reasons I don’t assume any product updates, and if its promised I take that with skepticism as vendors do change their mind or find something harder than they assumed.

1 Like

There are a lot of products that could really use app integration. As far as I know, they have never retroactively added a product to the app after support. So odds are against it.

1 Like

It is listed on Aliexpress as well

I think most of the products at one points had a price point around 80 dollars starting out for it to be on the app.