Life Dot 2 NC Mic Too Quiet

Hello,

I just received my Anker Soundcore Life Dot 2 NC earbuds on Friday, May 28. They charged up and paired with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 just fine. The sound quality is excellent as I listen to music and podcasts.

But … my primary use for these earbuds is voice calls. Incoming audio from the other party is great, no complaints. However, my voice is (according to the other parties) almost too quiet to hear. I have updated the firmware to version 02.19, but I can’t find a setting to change the input level of the microphones on these buds in my phone’s sound settings or the Soundcore app.

I really don’t want to return the earbuds, but I can’t use them in their current state. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Do not have but check the Bluetooth. Find the device and hit the cog wheel. Make sure the call option is on.

Good idea. I checked my Bluetooth settings, and the call option is on. Thanks anyway.

Good news! Soundcore Support Team replied to my email with several suggestions for fixing the problem. Turns out all I had to do was reset the earbuds, and voice calls became clear as a bell. I’m really impressed by the responsiveness of the Team.

2 Likes

@s.r.fritsche can you please share the suggestions you received from the support team as i’m facing the same issue

@3omdaz:

Here’s the message I got from Soundcore Customer Support. Hope this helps!

[begin quote]

Thank you for contacting Soundcore Customer Service.

We are very sorry that you have encountered issues with your Soundcore Life Dot 2 NC headphones. We will do our best to get you taken care of quickly and easily.

Thank you for trying some troubleshooting already. This model is one of our newest products. Apologies for the inconveniences caused. In order to better discover the root cause of the problem, we would deeply appreciate some detailed information:

What is/are the model(s) and OS of the device(s) connected?

Are you having this issue with regular phone calls or with an App you use for calls (e.g. Skype, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger etc.)?

Where are you usually located when the problem happens? Indoors? On a busy street? Independent of the location?

Is it the same performance when you use one earbud or both earbuds at the same time?

Has the issue been right from the start or shown up later?

First, we kindly ask you to try the following troubleshooting as those have proven to often times already help:

Use the regular phone call (not calling APP, VoIP, Messenger etc.) at a different quieter place to see if it makes any difference. How is it working there?

Choose the Life Dot 2 NC on your phone if you pick up the call via the phone instead of the headset directly. Does it make a difference?

Reset the earbuds.
- Place the earbuds in the charging case and leave the cover open.
- Press and hold the button at the bottom of the case for 10 seconds until the LED indicators on the earbuds flash red 3 times and then turn white. Wait until the LED indicator on one of the earbuds flashes fast while the other flashes slowly. This confirms that the reset was successful and your earbuds can be connected normally.

If you have tried the troubleshooting suggested, and you are still experiencing the issue, please provide the following information, so we can help you out.

For warranty claims and for further handling the case, please provide the following information:

A screenshot or pdf of the invoice confirming the order number from the item's purchase (or a picture of the receipt if it was bought from the store).

The SN# (Serial Number) of the device. You can find the SN inside the charging port cover, as attached - (e.g. "SN: ABC123XXX"). In case you cannot identify it, please give us a photo of the defective item with the logo showing.

Your current shipping address. 

We apologize again for the inconvenience, look forward to your reply and wish you a lovely day.
[end quote]

Thanks for sharing the info,
Unfortunatley I tried these steps earlier but didn’t work out, I will be contacting the support team then,