Life Dot 2 NC Touch Controls and Firmware?

I recently bought the Life Dot 2 NC’s. They are GREAT. But, I have a few questions. My wife has the Liberty Air 2 (old model), and you can actually turn the power off on the buds by pressing the touchpad for 8 seconds or so. Is there any way to do this with the Life Dot 2 NC’s?

Also, what is the most current firmware? Mine didn’t update when I first took them out, and says I’m up to date with version 1.20. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Life Dot 2 NC aren’t too popular on the community here so most up-to-date firmware should be something you have to check in the app. As for the 8 second turn off thing, it should be default on the earbuds or something you can turn on through app

1 Like

These have the 8 second the 8 second turn off as well.
Also what’s the firmware on your wife’s liberty air 2?

Thanks for the replies!! I misspoke. I have the Life A2 NCs. I still do not see the 8 second power off. The manual just says to turn off, place on the charger.

The life A2 do not have a power off function you will have to put them back in case.

1 Like

I have the life dot 2 nc’s and I couldn’t be happier with the sound quality. However, even with all the options, I wish that the anc/ambient modes were more effective. I’ve already done the dance with trying all the different tips, but even though they’ve never fallen out, it always feels like they want to. I have an order for a variety of different tips coming in soon with the hopes I can find something that works. How are these for you in terms of fitment? Any secrets I should know? Thanks.

1 Like

I ended up mistaking mine for the life dot 2 NC. I actually have the A2 NC. But, I am pretty sure they are close to the same in terms of design. I did have to get a bigger sized silicone ear tip (XL). That took care of the seal issue, and fit. With the wing tips, I use the large. But the trick is, when you put them in your ear, you have to twist them down so that wing fits in the fold of your ear and the microphones are pointing down. I think there is a picture of how to do that in the instruction manual (I am guilty of not looking at that until awhile later). I run 3 miles every few days, and these things don’t move now. I’m confident I could do flips or even 90s style heavy metal headbang and these things wouldn’t fall out.

With the ANC/ambient… I’m with you. I wish they were a little stronger. I don’t have a ton of use for the actual ANC, but I use the ambient constantly between running and then having 2 kids at home and working during Covid times. I need to be aware of my surroundings at all time. I can’t have a conversation or really hear anyone talking if my music volume is slightly up. BUT, when I run and have higher volume, I can hear cars approaching. So it does what it is supposed to. I have seen stronger ones where you can actually have a conversation and hear people, namely the Life Q30’s.

Overall, I’m still happy with them, but like you, wish they were stronger in the ANC/ambient department. Indo have a pair of Life Q30’s, and those are PERFECT (to me) with the ANC/ambient. I use those when I work at home. Unfortunately, they are big and bulky and you cannot work out or run with them.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I did try the “push in and rotate” maneuver and it did help, however, it sounds like possibly going up a size by way of aftermarket tips could be the answer that I’m looking for. I’ll know when they show up. I think the lack of an extended body of the bud (like the Jabra 75t’s or anything Tozo) is what’s keeping me from getting that perfect seal. I did try tips that have a long stem themselves and they did help a bit, but they caused the buds to kind of flop around in my ear and were ultimately a bad idea when they wouldn’t fit back into the case. It took me a while, but I did find the perfect tips for my Haylou t16’s and the fit is perfect now. So it’s just a waiting game now until they show up.