Life P2 40hours with Case

The advertising on the site and box say, “7-hour playtime (40 Hours with Charging case)”.
What does that really mean? That can’t mean that somehow I can listen for 40 hours straight somehow.

1 Like

It means you should be able to, under ideal conditions, get up to 40 hours of use from the earbuds in conjunction with the case, before having to fully recharge the case and earbuds.

Apparently only one of the earbuds can be the master (connect to the phone and the other earbud), so presumably that one is going to need to go back in the case for recharging more often. I wonder if that impacts the 7 hours.

Just like all the new soundcore earbuds, each earbud can be connected and used individually. When both are in use you can seamlessly put one into the case a d still listen with the other earbud without having to do anything.

One earbud can last between 8 and 10 hours depending on volume, both can last around 7 hours at 60% volume… yes the right earbud will drain slightly faster due to the nature of it connecting to the phone and other earbud. But a quick 10 minute top up in the case gets you 2 hours of playtime, and you can still use the left earbud while the right charges

1 Like

Ah, you are correct, and I got that information off of the Liberty Air, and not the P2. Been investigating all of them, and got the two crossed up.

From: https://www.soundcore.com/products/variant/liberty-air/A3902011

Can I use the left earbud separately?
No, only the right earpiece (master) could be used alone.

The P2 FAQ https://www.soundcore.com/products/variant/life-p2/A3919011
clearly indicates you can use either in mono mode. Thanks for correcting.

The Air 2 also does the separate pairing. As you said, all the new ones do.

Technically it would take under 43 hours if you are willing to charge for 10 min for 2 hours of play time after the initial full charge if my math is correct (160 charge minutes plus a few extra minutes ) and wanted to listen to it in one sitting and got the ideal play times.

1 Like

Honestly, taking a break every 2 hours (if I’m using them continuously) is reasonable for my ears, so no issues with this type of battery life to me.