Life P2 Mini- A small bud with great sound

I have had these for about a week and have used these to listen to music, movies and etc all week. Just because they are small does not mean that they may have lost functionality as some functionality has been transferred to the case.

So lets get the basics out of the way. The earbuds state to have the following and a few others things:

Sound 10 mm driver, 8 hour play time, 32 hours total, IPX 5, BT 5.2, 2 mic for calls.

The earbuds have 3 EQ setting modes: Soundcore signature mode, Bass Boost Mode and Podcast mode.

The Bass Boost is stated to be 50 percent more bass from the triple layer 10 mm drivers. In Bass mode, you can tell the difference in the bass.

The podcast mode is stated to help enhance voices although, I have not really tried this mode yet.

With switching the EQ mode, you have to press the d note touch icon 3 times on the rt earbud to switch to each mode. Google assist is a 3 tap on the left earbud…

I have not played around with this too much at this time to know if it will default back to Soundcore signature mode or will keep the current eq mode. Unlike say the Life NC, when you switch modes, you are not given a notification of which mode you are in.

Other than this the earbuds have your basic 2 button press to play music and to answer calls.

I will say that for call quality, I could hear myself clearly when I was making a call. This may change as I get into different noises but in a more quiet area, the sound was pretty good. I will say that I tend not to make many call on my earbuds.

So what do you lose with the small earbuds. You do not have the flashing light as you have on the other earbuds as pairing, and resetting the earbuds have been moved to the case. You still have your case indicators but when you press the button, the 3 lights will keep flash one after another to show it is in pairing mode.

The earbuds construction are like the P2 and other airpod style earbuds but without the long stem. Without the stem, the earbud does not seem to have lost any of the sound quality from this move. So although they are only 40, I think they sound just as good as other in that range such as the p2 and the Liberty airs. I find that I could walk about 60 to 80 feet before losing connectivity (no walls).

I do find that the Life p2 mini overall sound was pretty good. It is no Liberty air 2 pro but overall it is a good set of earbuds. Anytime that I took them out of the case and put them on, they had a quick connection as well as a great sound for their size and cost. At 40 dollars, I would recommend these without any reserve. If I do find additional faults, I will come back and try to update this page.

Pros

Low price,

Great sound

Small, light, and easy to carry

Decent microphone for calls.

Single earbud mode

Cons

Just like the P2, I find the case to slippery as always and I am afraid that I will drop them

3 EQ although nice I think you could get them mixed up if you do not hit the buttons correctly (would like maybe a tone to state when you are in Soundcore signature mode

Bass boost for some is a pro or a con but I do not think my ears can tell if it was a 50 percent bass boost or not. You can tell there is more bass.

3 Likes

Nice review @Duane_Lester, I was hoping somebody here would review these.

I believe they don’t have app integration, so the eq settings are. One of a preset? How does one toggle the modes? Setup touch features and cycle between podcast / music settings?

With the shorter stems, have you noticed and disconnects when on phone? I see distance is pretty good @ 60+ ft… that is impressive.

Yeah as stated you have to tap them 3 times to change the EQ. So signature tap 3 times for bass tap 3 times for podcast tap 3 for signature. They do not have the app.

I have not used the phone function as much but the call seemed solid and easy to hear when I did it in a quiet area.

I do have the upgraded Liberty neo as well. I think these are just as good and a good alternative if you like the stem style earbuds.

If I get a chance, I will try more calls but I think it should be good.

1 Like

Nice review and nice pictures. Thanks