Life p2 mini - reviews (DVZN media / El Jefe too)

One of the tech stalwarts that has been part of the soundcore / Anker amazon live streams has released his thoughts on the new life p2 minis.

Short and to the point, and some good points / counter points.

Also noticed that El Jefe has posted one up too.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing these reviews.
El Jefe is very famous and appreciated here.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the reviews. I’ll check them out. :+1:

1 Like

Appreviate the shares

1 Like

Nice review, I got a pair of these few weeks ago and plan on reviewing them in a few weeks. So far I like them and they replaced my old P2s.

1 Like

I am looking forward to your review. I am I intrigued as to the shorter stems, how they would fit and how calls would be.

Which colorway did you get.

1 Like

Nice thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I’m interested if the Bluetooth range is worsened with a shorter antenna.

1 Like

So far I haven’t noticed any differences. I will try and make a few more calls on them and see . But so far no complaints on either end.

1 Like

So far I haven’t noticed a difference. I will charge up both sets of buds and do an outdoor line of site test and indoor multiroom test and see how they compare.

1 Like

Although I liked the p2 before I gave to son, I am guessing the mini p2s are just as good.

2 Likes

Most codec settings are auto bitrate, so if the BT signal is worse, for a fixed codec rate it should drop out nearer, or battery life less. For auto bitrate then audio degrades.

Curious if the theoretical is real.

Only curious mind you, I’ve given up all these types of buds they fall out, but the P2 Mini was a good £25 recently so is squarely in the “why not” price range.

2 Likes

At this point I like the minis a little better. To my bad ears the sound is a little better. I mainly like the size.

1 Like

I’ve heard this theory as well. I like to test distances in real life to see if a manufacture’s claim is real. For the most part I find that most Soundcore products are close to their claims or have better distances.

I have noticed that as BT earbud batteries run low or the battery on the handset gets low it will mess with the distances.

Can’t remember what earbuds I was using but when the memory on the phone got low, the signal degraded quicker. With my newer earbuds I rarely have this issue unless the phone is running to many apps and about to crash.

2 Likes

Good. I much prefer balanced reviews with testing than the unboxing and reading put the specs reviews which are all too common.

1 Like

I don’t mind unboxing and review of the specs but only if they are limited and the rest is about testing the product to the best of their abilities and then final thoughts on the product.

Its getting harder and harder to trust amazon reviews and sponsored reviews by popular review sites/youtubers and influencers.

3 Likes

There’s 4 TWS at FCC and I hope they’re in the hands of good reviewers.

2 Likes

Good to know. I knew the p2 were a little bassy and was not sure how much those would be.

1 Like