Life P3 vs Life P2 Break Down

While the article is in German with the help of google translate you can get most of the points. Has some nice pictures but more importantly tables that compare and contrast the old life p2 with the new life p3 letting people know the differences and if it’s worth the upgrade. I would strongly recommend reading this before buy since it really helps break down what each pair of headphones can do and where each excels

2 Likes

Appreciate the share

The P2 to P3 differences are well documented, it’s an add in every aspect.

It’s the P3 vs LA2P now to compare.

Probably LA2P owners won’t swap to P3, but I see based on price differences, the P3 gives much less reason to get LA2P.

The ANC and ambient modes of P3 vs LA2P needs a decent review.

Unless the LA2P LDAC upgrade is coming to all countries (currently only seen in wild in China).

1 Like

you are right, the differences between P3 and LA2P are, at least from specs perspective, not very high.
This is why P3 is a much better fit from price-performance point of view.
This is maybe why a LDAC Firmware upgrade might be seen for the LA2Ps in the near future to make sure to have a differentiator.
As an owner of LA2P I would at least appreciate the LDAC upgrade :slight_smile:

P3 initial reviews does undermine the LA2P purchase decision.

I doubt existing LA2P owners will get LDAC, that’s not logical business. You give reasons to buy, not reasons to not buy.

In general I agree with what you are saying, but if you recently bought the LA2P and the P3 turns out to be equal or better at a lower price, it will sour you from buying more Soundcore products. In that regard, if possible it would be wise to throw the current owners a bone. There is more than one way to protect future sales. Making sure your previous customers are happy is one way.

Sourness is a fact of life, newer better cheaper always comes along and just have to toughen up and accept.

For example right now I expect someone is buying the L2P and then get in hissy fit when L2P+ is released. They should know something is coming and buy accepting.

There is no business logic to take money you already banked in sold units, invest time in making them better, so undermine future product sales, when you would make more money instead investing time on the next product which is substantially better to then sell in large quantities.

By all means do bug fixes for customer satisfaction, but that’s the limit of business sense.

My view of the buyer is they should know what they want, all existing owners of LA2P didn’t want LDAC as because if they did they’d have waited. They must be automatically happy and asking for retrospective upgrade is trying to get something for nothing.

Wanting future upgrade and complaints is not mature.

I’ll be saying that to the next buyers regret venting thread.

At time of writing:

• P2 is half the cost of P3
  • P3 is 2/3 price of LA2P
  • P3 isnt particularly tested. The ANC and ambient modes not really compared.

I wasn’t talking about myself. I won mine. They will never not be a great deal. However I have seen some grumbling on FB fron people who just bought the LA2P.

You look at things differently than I do. I think it’s good business sense to try and keep your existing customers happy. It seems like you lean towards once you have there money, it’s a done deal. We just disagree here, no big deal.

I fully understand we’re talking about others in a hypothetical way.

It would “train” buyers to complain to get free updates.

What makes customers happy is products work as advertised, reliable. Customers do rightly complain if they get less than advertised, but if you give retrospective upgrades you also train customers to complain for not getting more than advertised.

What the LA2P buyer was doing is buying based on advertised specs and then got solution.

If LA2P existing owners got LDAC for free, then it would cause L2P to complain they didn’t. See?

I see what your saying. I think maybe you aren’t hearing me.

Any firmware update would be getting something for free by that definition. I firmly believe one of the reasons people buy Soundcore products is because they stand behind them and provide future updates.

Case in point. When the LA2P came out, it didn’t have single tap control. People requested it and it was provided in a firmware update. It happens all the time and I don’t think it’s a bad thing. People bought the LA2P without having it, but it was provided at a later date. The world didn’t end.

3 Likes

I agree with @Steve976.
It’s the same with buying a smartphone. When you buy it, it isn’t over. You get free updates (for example Android) for which you don’t pay an extra amount. This is how companies care about the customer.
If it were otherwise, I would be furious and would buy a third-party product.

2 Likes

Comparing it with the Liberty air 2 pro definitely will be the thing most people are waiting for especially with the price difference but seemingly similar features

It kind of reminds of their q30 and q35 situation. Both sort of the same

It kind of reminds of their q30 and q35 situation. Both sort of the same

1 Like