Life Q20 and problems with my Life Q30

Life Q20 and problems with my Life Q30

I have to say that I am quite impressed with the Q20 headphones.
For the PRICE they are the best. The ANC works great the phone/mic quality is excellent, along with the fact that the Q20 blocks almost all the surrounding noise makes these great for phone calls (except that your voice is muffled). The sound is very good as is the comfort of the headphones.
And for design/ascetics I personally think the Sony WH-1000XM3 / M4 are the best…. and I think the Q20’s look allot like the Sony’s.
If Anker Sondcore Life Q20 could be redesigned (maybe re-name it the Q25) so that the ear cups are little larger and how the speakers are attached to the headband along with a little more cushion to the headband. Add USB C charging…… And most importantly add the Soundcore app !!

I have read/watched just about every Soundcore Life Q30 reviews out there…. and just about EVERY one of the video reviews basically rate the Q30’s as the BEST “low cost” headphones out there.
And I have to AGREE with allot of the great thing the Q30s provide….
EXCEPT……… ANC, what is going on with the Q30 Noise Cancelling??? Maybe I have a bad pair…… But out of all the Budget ANC headphones I have tried (Falwedi S6, Boltune BH010 and the Cowin E7) all provided way better Noise Canceling. I have tried the different setting (transport / indoor / outdoor) and all basically block out the “ambient sound” the same.
I am sitting in my living room on my recliner watching some kind of talk show (CNBC or News) at normal TV listening level…… The Q30 block out so little of the TV, that my Q20’s “almost” block out the same amount without them even being powered on !
The other thing that bugs me is the Q30 Buttons unlike the Q20 where the buttons are large and easy to navigate…. The Q30 buttons a very small…. and having to really feel where the Volume down vs the Play button is kinda not thought out all to well.
Why is there is no power on led ?? I have to stare at the headphones to see if they are on or off (wait for the blink).
I can however deal with the small buttons/placement and no positive ON led……

Nice evaluations.

See me personally I didn’t like the Q20 and when compared to the older Life 2 headphones it just couldn’t compete. With the life 2 you could use Anc with or without the headphones having to be on and in use, they blocked more sound and actually seemingly enhanced audio when in use.

I also hated the buttons in the Q20 as they were not as tactile as the Life 2 buttons. I can’t compare to the Q30 because I never owned them but I can’t imagine them being that much worse

1 Like

I have not done headphones other than Beats solo or beats 3… both ended up in sons hands and I forget, I did not like the ear cups. I am assuming the soundcore have bigger ear cups…

I liked the q20s. But they don’t compare to higher priced anc headphones.

1 Like

I haven’t owned Q20 or 30 so can’t say much. I have a Life 2 but the ANC is so bad I normally don’t use it to get best battery life. You should reach out to support and ask them how much sound it is supposed to block compared to Q20. Maybe they’ll give you an exchange so you can see if you just had a bad pair or not.