Life Q20 Headphones are connected with Windows 10, but DO NOT show up in the output options

I have repeatedly connected my Life Q20 Headphones to Windows using my bluetooth dongle. Windows even recognizes it and connects. However, no sound comes through and the Headphones never show up as an option in the Sound Settings.

I have disconnected and forgotten the headphones, and then re connected them. I have also installed this driver (https://www.soundcore.com/update-firmware). I have also tried resetting as said on this thread (Cant pair headphones Life Q20 with Windows 10).

None of these things worked. Is there a solution? I have been using the headphones wired through an AUX cable for the past couple of months and they have worked flawlessly, but it is right now with this bluetooth issue that I am facing a problem for the first time.

Most threads on similar issues has the issue as their Bluetooth driver. Update the Bluetooth driver and it may resolve it. There was ome person that stated that had to update it with a generic Bluetooth driver.

I would start there as a starting solution.

So I tried installing a bluetooth driver through a link (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28956/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit-for-Intel-NUC) then a straight update from Bluetooth Devices in the Control Panel. Neither solution has worked.

After the headphones get connected, there is a 10 second period where they stay connected (but my sound control panel cannot find them to use) and then they automatically disconnect and refuse to connect again.

Is there something else I could try other than the bluetooth driver?

I’m also facing same problem but i just bought life Q10.I was hoping maybe you might have found the solution.
Q10 are connected,paired but doesn’t show in ouptput devices.

Did you pair with anything else ? They probably are connected to something else paired with earlier.

Reset the headphones and then pair with the PC, that fixes the issue most times. If not then delete all pairings and turn all Bluetooth off of all other devices it was paired with, then reset then pair just with the PC.

1 Like

I apologize, I ultimately just use a 10 ft long AUX cord, and effectively use a wired headset.

However, I’ll mention that I did have many bluetooth devices that are on my list, but even if I disconnected them, the Headphones still did not connect.

thx for quick reply.
Yes resetting did trick.:+1:Now it shows in output device list.
But now another problem is that sound is terrible rather stuttering.In sound properties/advance/ Default format is CD quality.It’s stuttering sound no matter any application I use.Vivaldi,potplayer mediaplayer classic or musicbee.
Another problem is that q10 is disconnecting after few mins even it is used by any application.Then connects automatically after few seconds.
:thinking:

Stuttering.

Follow this

http://community.anker.com/t/windows-10-and-soundcore-thread/88697/11?u=professor

Sound quality, look below for steps to alter the bitrate, if it is greyed out then do the step shown first

https://help.audible.com.au/s/article/how-do-i-turn-off-exclusive-mode-for-a-windows-audio-playback-device#:~:text=This%20is%20known%20as%20"Exclusive,exclusive%20control%20of%20this%20device.

If bitrate was greyed, once you disable exclusive mode you should be able increase the sound bitrate.

Let us know if works or doesn’t.

The ultimate fault is your default drivers for this class of audio device are not tuned for product. Windows 10 defaults are often…

thx again @The_Professor even after following above mentioned links my problem is not solved.
I have disabled bluetooth device as and even tried disabling other devices as suggested in that video but in vain.

I don’t have greyed out problem…no issues there.
I haven even unticked exclusive mode as mentioned by someone in another post.

but none of above suggestions work im afraid.:pensive:
It is really frustrating .I bought these headphones mainly to use with win10.

In another post someone mentioned to update firmware for Liberty Air 2,can life q10 be updated?

should i try that?

well i did downloaded software but i guess it is for updating speakers.There is no firmware i could find for Q10

After every change in Windows - then reboot.

How confident are you that you have the best Bluetooth device drivers for your hardware?

I did restarted windows many times.After any change in windows and if nothing works then restarting is last resort.
Anyhow i even tried disabling wifi as someone mentioned it worked for him and many others too but to me it is same,still stuttering sound.

I’m not sure how to answer that if i have best bluetooth drivers or not.Whatever works is best i guess.Anyhow I downloaded from intel website and updated to latest,then reverted back to older ,downloaded from mobo’s manfacturing website but problem still presists.
i’m really out of options now :confused:

Ok so the issue is Windows, you need to be searching in Windows support sites and searching for owners of your model of laptop. The issue is not Anker. Probably there is a driver issue as you’ve found but it’s an issue specific to your setup.

Try ensuring your WiFi is on 5Ghz.

This could be that these headphones are capable of higher performance and so the Bluetooth bandwidth is too high now for your system. Typically that’s because the laptop shares the WiFi and Bluetooth antenna and they interfere on 2.4Ghz.

Most routers default to same SSID for 2.4 and 5, separate them to be explicit 2.4 and 5 on different SSID, then forget the 2.4 existing and connect to the 5

In general that’s something you should be doing already because it reduces interference for everything.

If your hardware can’t cope with CD quality, then that will cause stuttering, so after the above, try the next lower quality level til the stuttering stops.

Are you using anything else Bluetooth on same system?

The most likely place to find the fix is other owners of your laptop.

Just to make sure that stuttering is not caused because of interference of any kind of frequency so i tried to unplug all the devices which i can think of.
Modem switched off
Mouse and keyboard unplugged.
Wifi Disabled
but problem is exactly like it was before.
I know Anker is not culprit here,it’s windows bluetooth driver issue.Plenty of others have same issue with win10 with different bluetooth headphones of different brands.
Btw I am using desktop not laptop and not using anything else other then these headphones.
Also if i try to lower that quality of audio device i get error that it is not supported.
Last resort for me that i can think of right now after searching is buying bluetooth dongle .
Thx again for helping.

Keep us aware of progress, we lack a robust set of proven fixes, and what worked and why. It is still too random try this, try that.

I’m a coward, I just avoid Windows. Linux and Android serves all my needs, but I hate unsolved problems.

Yeah sure,
that’s what I intend to do.I have ordered this highly rated dongle which is around 7$,hopefully it will arrive soon. Then will update how it goes.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07NQ5YGDW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Well i got bluetooth dongle now and Q10 is working fine without any issues.
It was frustrating going all through those steps posted in different forums and not getting result.
thx you all of you and these forums who are there to help.
and thx again @The_Professor

2 Likes

Thanks for the update and happy you’re now working.

However, I’m not happy you had to do it, as imagine those following your footsteps, to say “buy a BT dongle” as recommendation would cause a negative reaction.

The lack of a robust set of documentation on steps, decision tree, process of elimination, is the ideal answer. Perhaps in some situations a BT dongle is the answer, well that should be known chipsets to not work.