Life Q20+ review. Unpacking and first impression

Introduction

I am a big fan of over-ear headphones. I prefer over-ear headphones because I have pretty sensitive ears and wearing earbuds cause me some kind of discomfort.
That’s why I was very happy to get Life Q20+ as a prize for my 2nd place on March Leaderboard (Thanks to @sean.L @Hannah @Winniew95 ).

Chapter I. Unpacking

The box looks looks attractive but it’s pretty simple cardboard box.

Inside the box:
Headphones
AUX cable
Charging cable
Soft pouch travel bag
Some paperwork

Chapter II. Headphones

First impressions about Life Q20+ design and built quality are excellent. Headphones are made from quality plastic. They are compact and lightweight. Design is pretty simple but very aesthetic.
There are three physical buttons on the right earcup: volume up, volume down and play. USB Type-C port for charging and port for wired listening are on the right earcup as well.
Power on/off and ANC button are placed on the left earcup.
Earpads are soft and comfortable but smaller than earpads of Life Q30 or Space NC.

Chapter III. Soft travel pouch

Soft travel pouch is nice add. It will not prevent from physical damage of headphones, but will protect them from dust and scratches

Chapter IV. Connectivity and sound

First pairing went smoothly. So I started to test sound. I played a few songs and admitted that sound out of the box is pretty nice. It’s deep, but default sound profile is a bit bass-heavy. A lot of consumers like such bass-heavy profile, but not me. Luckily Life Q20+ is supported by Soundcore APP so sound profile can be adjusted to fit personal preferences.
Didn’t spent much time to find sound profile that fits me well.

Chapter V. Life Q20+ on Soundcore APP

APP has a few useful functions.
It shows charging level of headphones, it allows to update headphones, to select ANC mode and it allows to change EQ profile. EQ profile can be selected from 22 Soundcore profiles or custom profiles created by user. It’s a huge amount of choices.
APP supports Superior Sleep feature as well.

Chapter VI. ANC

ANC works very well with low frequency noise. It significantly reduce mid and high freguency noise as well.
Transparency mode is a huge pro.
But there is problem with switching ANC on - it changes significantly changes sound profile. So every time switching ANC on/of I had to change sound profile in APP.

Conclusion

Pros
Great sound
Superior build quality
Descent ANC with Transparency Mode

Cons
Different Sound Profile while ANC on/off
Smallish earpads (for people with small/average ears it’s an advantage).

I would recommend Life Q20+ for people with small/average sized ears. For person’s with big ears I would suggest to add some money and go for Life Q30
At the moment Life Q20+ are discounted for some countries on soundcore.com (£49.99 in UK store and 55.99 EUR in DE and EU stores).
Thanks for reading.
Have a nice day.
VertigoXX

4 Likes

Good work.
Perfectlly made.

2 Likes

Nice review of the Q20+, thank you for sharing with us.

I have the Q10s (which are great entry level headphones), but it sounds like the Q20+ are very good in general.

2 Likes

Nice review. When I received mine, I skipped writing them up because the size of the Earpads made then unusable for me. I wonder why they chose to go with those Earpads?

2 Likes

Well written review, and some good photos.

Would be curious as to battery life, on the upgraded version… irl… not back of box :wink:

1 Like

Q20+ would be really nice headphones, but in my case earpads are to small to use those over ear.

1 Like

Earpads are too small for me as well. I tested those as on-ear insted over-ear headphones

2 Likes

That’s funny that you mentioned that. I jokingly said to someone, “I thought these were supposed to be Over-Ear, not On-Ear”. :rofl:

2 Likes