Life Q20 Stereo is not playing music on neither Android nor Dell Laptop

I am using the Soundcore Live Q20 and have been for a number of months. When I first used it with my Android phone, I would be able to join a Zoom call, with having music playing as well, under two different volumes. This was great for me as me joining Zoom call was just for “virtual hanging out” and its nice to have music still going during low chat times.

About a month ago, I started joining on calls on Discord and that’s about when these duel ability starting being a challenge. If a new person came into the Discord voice chat, it would change my sound options and I would need to leave the Discord and go back into it to have the duel option.

Now in connecting my Soundcore Life Q20 to my Dell laptop, it will provide me the option of the two sound options - Soundcore Live Q20 Stereo and Soundcore Life Q20 Hands-Free AG Audio. When the sound option is for Stereo, no music will play but I can get a ding if I’m clicking the sound volume icon. If I switch to Soundcore Live Q20 Hands-Free AG Audio, the sound is hecking warped.

I’ve restarted each of the devices (laptop, phone, headset), and it didn’t assist, and I’m not sure what other troubleshooting options I have.

I would unpair / forget all of the devices, and then repair them.

I am listening to music on my Q20s right now - bluetooth to my dell laptop on the stereo setting (which is for high quality music).

I am surprised that it ever worked for you with good sound while in a zoom call where the mic was being used - the mic connected option should only be available in headset mode, and the sound of the music is terrible in that mode. At least while connected to a computer.

My experience on an android phoneis that things work "better, as in more transparently, but that I can’t really tell you what profile is being used at different times. I think what is happening on my phone is that it uses the high quality sound profile, and then just takes the mic input from the phone at times. But not sure of that.

2 Likes

Same surprise here. I use MS Teams and Bluejeans for classes. MS Teams allows me to use stereo on Life 2 and listen to Youtube if I wanted to (but mic would be my laptop’s built-in) but bluejeans straight stops playing anything in stereo once I jump on a call.