Life Q30 nicest EQ

So, I’ve been trying different settings for the EQ since these headphones arrived weeks ago. I found a lot of good ones, but was really impressed with the Harman target’s settings available for the Souncore app EQ here (the fixed bands one): https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/rtings/rtings_harman_over-ear_2018/Anker%20Soundcore%20Life%20Q30

Due to the limitations of the 8 bands EQ, the closest to the Harman target we can achieve with it sounds a bit treble-lacking to me (not the case with a parametric EQ). That’s why my personal settings bring up the 1.6k to 0 and the 12.8k to -3. What do you think about it?

I think a few mentioned trying to achieve that Harmin thing. For me the issue may come in your hearing damage and age.

This is why I do like the ear test with some of the earbuds that use the app. I would probably use the ear test and let it give me a custom eq. I would then try to use that and tweak it for the headset. I have not done that yet as my headsets are now in the hands of both sons. :frowning::rofl:

1 Like