Life Q30 - quality problem or I'm unlucky

As we keep saying. The issue is people buy first instead of ask here first. Not Anker’s fault, what they meant to do - not sell in AliExpress? No, it’s up to consumer to research first the platform’s rules and weigh up the pros/cons.

I don’t really understand you. The Ali site where I purchased is the ANKER Official Store. And on the product page it says:
What’s In The Box
Soundcore Life Q30 active noise cancelling headphones
USB-C Cable
3.5mm AUX Cable
Travel Case
User Manual
Friendly Customer Service
18-Month Warranty
Based on this, I think I should have been entitled to expect a replacement rather than a refund.
In this particular case, I am not dissatisfied because, as discussed earlier, it is highly unlikely that the new one would have been any better. Maybe the updated version … if there is one.

That’s a web page.

Aliexpress platform policy has to apply. All that being official page means is it’s legit products but still had to adhere to the AliExpress sales and return policies.

Don’t blur these together that incorrectly somehow the Amazon or Anker site policy applies to everywhere.

I’m writing this not for you but for future searches so those who do research before purchase hopefully see this.

I faced exactly the same issue with few months of use…

Sad… I take care of my things, I’m really disappointed…

When did you buy it?
I ask because I am secretly hoping that they will correct this construction defect with a new release / revision.

It is a design flaw, if you look carefully the plastic is too thin at the headband. I doubt they’ll improve it. Just do a warranty replacement - that’s what I did recently.

Is the new unit looks totally the same? What is the firmware version on it?

I see you didn’t get anywhere with them (Official Anker Store on Ali) either. It is a sad thing.
Anyway, I’m at the point where I had to reinforce the headband with cable ties, because unfortunately the superglue solution only worked for a while. So it’s not a pretty sight, but since I only use it in the apartment, it doesn’t bother me that much.
I did consider switching to a Q35 a couple of times, but lost confidence in this design. I think I’ll wait for its successor …

The subject title of the thread is not fully accurate. This is actually an issue with AliExpress, their store rules are you cannot get a full refund unless you return them and you must pay the postage to return. Why Soundcore offered a compromise of do not refund, repair them best you can, and a partial credit.

This is not Soundcore’s fault. It is tied to the terms of the AliExpress store.

No easy options here, non ideal, but you can either not buy via AliExpress , or factor this in deciding to take the risk with AliExpress. Just don’t vent at Soundcore, they are “piggy in the middle”. This is country specific, the return postage issue is not in every country.

I’ve only bought I think 3 things from AliExpress. One was a very low cost item I knew if it did break I’d discard, and two items substantially lower cost via AliExpress relative to alternatives and I took the risk on a future postage cost return. None of them were Soundcore, but I did read and understand the T&C before purchase.

I am on my 4th (I think) Q30, the last replacement was broken headband a few months ago, the replacement not broken (yet).

2 Likes

Maybe you’re right, but not from the point of view of what you’re writing, but from the point of view that we’re facing not a one-off error, but a serial error.
The other half of the story is the Ali’s Anker Store’s attitude to guarantees, which is scandalous. There was a time (when they were working with net prices) when it was still worth shopping there, but now it is very much not.

1 Like

I took a look at this Ali store https://de.aliexpress.com/
for soundcore devices.
The prices are more than high compared with those of amazon.de
and other dealers.

I noticed the same exact thing on mine about a month ago (bought in Jan '21)… poor design I guess.

Sorry about your issue. I try to be very gentle with mine.

I’m very gentle with mine, plus I don’t even use them every day yet it still happened… just bad design I guess.

2 Likes