Life Q30 vs Bose QC35 In-depth review (Audio Samples)

haha… you are right about the redos!

Take the range test for example, the first location I picked was not big enough and I had to pack up all my gears and used google maps to find another place, asked my wife for help.
I need to design a simple gear so I can do it alone. The Ikea cart I used last time is not portable.

It’s challenging to find the right time and right place at home to do the ANC tests too (>100 db!!!) as I don’t live alone :smiley:

I doubt the room sound treatment condition could affect ANC test. However I will try to do another ultimate ANC battle video in my office as shown in Q30 vs Q20 video with better organized data table summary since the Apple Airpods Max is here! So it can be a reference video for a few years before Sony Bose Apple release another new product.

The equipment used are easily available and results should be reproducible.

Note: I do want the viewers to watch longer so I get paid by YouTube – it is only about $1 per 1k view.
I may never get my investment back :smiley:
It explains why I put conclusion at the very end. I did create timestamps in the video so viewers can quickly navigate to each section including the conclusion part.

Smash the like button to help this video get a better ranking in Youtube search results.

The setup does alter the results.

ANC is very frequency specific , diffraction and interference is setup specific.

In each video you have a fixed setup and compare audio. That’s perfectly fine , valid within each video, but means you can’t accumulate results between videos.

1 Like

I have updated the Youtube video description with the following:

-------- Summary Data --------

Baseline: Passive Noise Cancelling Test (ANC OFF. More than 100 dB on decibel meter)

L: -4 dB R: -5 db Recorder
L: -13 db R: -12 dB 3M Earmuffs
L: -7 dB R: -8 dB Sony 1000xm4
L: -11 dB R: -10 dB Bose 700
L: -9 dB R: -9 dB Bose QC35

1st Active Noise Cancelling Test (ANC ON. 100 dB on decibel meter)

L: -5 dB R: -7 db Recorder
L: -16 dB R: -17 dB Sony 1000xm4
L: -18 dB R: -19 dB Bose 700
L: -19 dB R: -19 dB Bose QC35

2nd Active Noise Cancelling Test (ANC ON. 85 dB on decibel meter)

L: -25 dB R: -27 db Recorder
L: -35 dB R: -37 db Sony 1000xm4
L: -39 dB R: -39 dB Bose 700
L: -39 dB R: -39 dB Bose QC35

Bose is the clear winner.
It is also safe to say that QC35 and 700 has identical ANC performance.

-------- Summary Data End --------

1 Like

Very nice data

Really nice video

I like that he had the data need to document. I am assuming it will be data that he would keep to help compare for other test…

Exactly. So that Sony vs Bose video can be referenced by my future videos, with similar dB settings.
Stay tuned for the Airpods Max testing.

Well, I assumed as it would be a lot of work to do over again.

I know people talk about the burn in the speakers. It would be interesting after you had them awhile to see how those will change over time…

Written summary. Even jumping to the end, it still took some scrolling around to find the part I highlighted above, which I think is the key takeaway. Exactly the text in your post.