Life Q35 Wired Performance

Hi there,
I was browsing a few recommendation sites for a new pair of headphones and came across the Anker’s. They’ve reviewed pretty well - there doesn’t seem to be a better option at this price point in Canada - and I was about to buy a pair of Q30 when I read about the fw update which removed the ANC and EQ features from them.

One of the main uses for me will be playing PS5, plugged into the controller. I could live without ANC (although it’s kind of annoying) but if it’s going to sound like crap then I have no interest in them.

What are the Q35’s like wired? I’ve read that they have slightly worse ANC but at this point “OK” ANC is better than none.

My big fear right now is that the Q40 comes out and a mysterious fw update ruins these headphones.

A couple of things:

1. I have both the Q30 and Q35.
  2. I can’t think of anything the Q30 does better than the Q35, including ANC.
  3. My understanding is that Soundcore did a silent update (Hardware) on the Q30 and after that, the wired mode changed. My older Q30’s say up to date and ANC, etc still work in wired mode. Again, I use my BT Headphones via BT (see #4)
  4. I’ve tried them wired a couple of times to test, but I mainly use them via BT, because I also have dedicated wired HP that I use in situations where I want to use wired.
  5. I haven’t heard the Q40’s are about to be released, but one never knows when a product will be updated.

“Q40” nothing announced but Soundcore releases products fairly often so I’d assume “something” is coming and just factor that in to the fact that you probably can get Q35 now at lower cost than a “Q40” if released soon. In less words - buy if you get a decent discount and forget the future.

1 Like

@Steve976 I think I’m going to grab myself a set of the Q35s. Maybe I can block the app from internet usage and then check in on this forum every once in a while before updating just to keep my paranoia in check. If nothing changes (ie gets disabled) then they seem to be the best for the price.

@The_Professor Yeah I’m not too worried about not having the newest set. Just worried that when the Q40 (or whatever it will be called) releases then a firmware update downgrades the Q35.

3 Likes

A firmware downgrade is only something i’ve seen when a product is relatively new and superceded, there was one for the Q30 to Q35 which were released very close together (and so why did they bother releasing the Q30… don’t ask).

I very much doubt a “Q40” will do harm to a Q35, just ensure you buy at a good price noting a Q35 deeper discount just before “Q40” would be expected.

I agree. If I find something that meets my needs, I grab it. You can’t worry that something new will come out because if you do that you will never get what you need/want.

They released q30 because iPhone users don’t benefit from ldac. And it was $50 cheaper. And q20 was stuck on micro USB