Light, easy and pleasant music. Hmm- music you are ashamed of ...☺️

It’s easy to say: "I’m listening to Pink Floyd, I’m listening to Jimmy Hendrix. Ooooh! That is respectable.
But is there very popular music in your country that millions of people listen to but are ashamed to admit to listening to such music? In Poland it is “disco polo” music.
She is not mentioned in private conversations. But it has millions of views on YouTube. There are thousands of people at the concerts.
Does such music exist in your country?

2 Likes

I have not really thought about it. There are grassroots music a lot around here. I do like some of that at times.

1 Like

Well I’m not sure @sodojka . I’m usually listening to Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

OK, I’ll be serious for a minute. My daughter use to listen to Avril Lavigne a lot. I caught myself playing it myself every so often. One time one of my Classic Rock friends came over while I was doing it and looked at me like I was crazy.

1 Like

@Steve976 I know that look. :slightly_smiling_face: My brother sometimes looks at me like that when I tell him about my “musical discoveries”. :joy:
And today my older daughter ran away from the kitchen when I played songs from the thread to my wife (my daughter’s eyesight said: “he is crazy again”). :rofl:

1 Like

Just play her some Rush and that will restore her faith in you. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

I listen to different music. :thinking:If my daughter and wife listened that I started listening to Rush, she probably would have thought something was wrong with me.
Mental illness…? :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Two of the three, I could watch. The last one I was outside region for playback.

However, the first two I thought were quite fun. High tempo and catchy music.

I cannot think of many songs that maybe are listened to, but not spoken of here.

Maybe

I also think of kids pop songs, like the ones that tend to get stuck in your head…

Baby shark… (no I won’t post a video for that one… lol)

1 Like

@TheSnarkyOne “Baby shark” is like poison. :joy:
You will listen for 3 minutes and you have it on your mind all day. :confounded:

1 Like

I had a different take on it. I was thinking if they heard you listening to Rush, they would think “His taste in music is sure improving with age”. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

@Steve976
They would think that if I started to listen to Whitney Houston for example (my wife listens to her constantly) :joy: .
Do you know Maanam, Lady Pank, Budka Suflera, Perfect? Certainly not.
And these are great bands in Poland that have been known for 40 years. Every Pole, even a child, knows them. I know Rush from you. My generation knows Rush very well, but … Jennifer Rush :joy: :rofl: .

1 Like