Microsoft has been rejected

Microsoft’s bid for TikToks music platform has been denied

Question @Duane_Lester @Loz - @hannah mentioned on Core Update the OFF TOPIC category was closed since those were NOT related to Soundcore.

How will items / article similar to the earlier OFF TOPIC be handled, now that they can be tagged as TECH :grin:

Seeing as this is related to TikTok, which is a music platform, I think we can let it stay open. Definitely skirting the edges with this one tho…

:thinking:

There are so many music site and details published daily… So music topics will become the new off topic items… It took a big step to clear / close Off Topic, better fix up the rules.before the new Off Topic takes its place :sunglasses:

You got to it right before I did. I had initially closed it but then reopened it after thinking it is all about music videos. Lol

1 Like

As I followed the actions taken on the thread I followed your thought process haha. Good call.

TikTok is as much of a music platform as youtube is I guess…

Except a lot less useful for actually hearing music.

Having the off topic category on this site wasn’t a bad thing. Without it the collective feels like a Q&A page/FAQ.

Definitely think it’s interesting how future topics that are boarder music and off topic so should be interesting to see how these are handled in the future