Motion boom battery replacement

It was the reason that I tore down that one old Flare 2 in the thread from December. I was wanting to see how hard it was going to be to do.

But I made a mistake toward the end of it. I got rid of it instead of just storing it with my other spare part of electronics. (mouses, drives, memory). So I could have had that spare battery, and at least a few speakers if needed down the road :frowning: until we did a spring cleaning at some point.

I would say that may be a 50/50 possibility. When I tore the Flare 2 tear down, that is waterproof as well, I did not see much other than just some tight fitting components. (ie no glue) but I would probably still do as @The_Professor stated and just keep it dry not wanting to risk it.

2 Likes

Battery is swapped now,
Flare is working.
Good work made! :grin:

1 Like

Like I said it might be a man thing I personally do repair if it makes sense both monetarily and effort . Now I am not saying I would never do it as I have with other things but cost, my time and effort are always taken into account.

Being a pensioner I don’t mind time.
I have a lot leisure time I can spend.

There is never wasting time when doing a useful thing. :grinning:

Of course I know I can fail, but when there is a success its so satisfying.

My last repair had no success.
My old laptop stopped working one day.
I did all I could do.
I talked to some colleagues from the university.
They gave me some tipps.
Nothing worked.
We came to the conclusion there is a defect of the mainboard.
No chance to get this repaired.

BUT : I donated it to a fellow who needed the TFT of this certain model.
And he could use the battery.
So there was a little success. :smile:

2 Likes

i have replaced the battery of the motion boom but the issue is there .

the issue is the speaker is turning on by itself & after 5 seconds it turns off . . Note that when it turns on there is a voice promes but when it turn off there is no voice promes it is like the electricity was cut off

is the issue in the circuit board or in the BMS battery connector?

1 Like

Seems so.
I suppose the battery controller/mainboard is defective.
Pretty hard to repair, because one will get not this spare parts.
You could ask the support for such ones, but I think you will not get.

Ok i will try to solder the battery to mainboard directly and remove the connector. I hope it works

Give this a try.
It could be a defective controller
Is there a controller soldered on the battery.
Some models have this construction, as far I know.
You may check this step by step.

i have soldered the battery to the mainboard directly. it works fine now and the battery is charging .
but it works fine when the speaker is charging only otherwise the speaker turns off . is this issue related to battery or defected capacitor in the mainboard or something else?

1 Like

Or the battery BMS is defected and there is nothing in the mainboard

All is possible.
But because a normal DIY has not the possibilities to check this out, its still a guess.