Motion Boom custom EQ for better clarity and open sound question

Hello sound enthusiasts,
Yesterday I bought Motion Boom and bass from this speaker is really amazing for the size of speaker. I am currently using Alan Ross custom EQ (+5 +2 +0 +3 +2 -1+2 +1 +5) and it sounds quite muffled which increases with listening angle.
Which frequency range can improve clarity for instruments like cymbals please? There is missing some clear Hi-Hat for my ears.
Is any way how to improve EQ for this please?
Can be Hi-Hat and overall clarity also improved if I buy second Boom for TWS please?
I had the same sound issue even with JBL partybox 100 with dedicated “cheap” tweeters.
I am not audiophile and wondering if my ears are more sensitive or just deaf but even with my office BT headphones Plantronics Voyager Focus UC B825-M I can hear all things very well :slight_smile:

Update 31st May:
I wasn’t enough satisfied with sound after few days of EQ tunning. So I returned Boom and ordered Aiwa Exos-9. I know that Aiwa is larger speaker and much more expensive but his speaker is really awesome and solved my problem. Once I startarted hi-res files over AaptX I was completely stunned by sound quality. Only disadvantage I found is that in comparison with JBL Partybox 100 Aiwa with a bit larger woofer don’t play as deep bass like PB100.
Anyway thanks to all for help and great support here.

1 Like

I really like my Motion Booms. Instead of rehashing everything I wrote, I’ll post a link to a thread/review I wrote about them. I will say listening angle is a big part, especially for the highs. I like to have them head high or angled that way. I also have a picture of my EQ settings icluded in that thread in case that might help.

Spoiler alert - 2 is better than 1

2 Likes

The Motion Boom does indeed struggle with clarity at larger listening angles. The 5khz, 9khz, and 13khz sliders in the custom EQ can be increased to improve clarity. Another solution I found is that the speaker can be tilted backwards on a flat surface to point towards you more directly, as seen in the photo below. I also attached my custom EQ if you want to give that a try.

4 Likes

did this EQ still revelant for the latest firmware update?

1 Like

#Option 1 give the best experience (I always change angle for MB, but I didn’t know that it will stay on flat surface quite steady :slight_smile: )

I don’t know why Soundcore do not change angle as they did in Motion Plus