Motion Boom vs Flare2

I am thinking of getting a speaker to use outside.

Both speakers have similar battery life and waterproofing.
I noticed the Motion Boom is heavier (but floats).

Has anyone done a comparison?

What are the pros and cons of the 2 speakers?

Is the sound directional or 360 degrees?

2 Likes

While I don’t have both i know they both have app support waterproofing and supposedly nice sound. Personally I like the size of the flare 2. I could be mistaken but I believe the flare 2 allows you to pair up to 100 if you do collect more over time while I think the motion boom only support stereo pairing. I’ll look a little more and let you know if I notice more differences. Is there anything specific you want to use them for or just regular outside use?

1 Like

I own 2 Motion Booms. They do connect in TWS. I listen to mine everyday. I can’t say enough positive things about them. They have a full sound. Easily play down to 40HZ. A lot of Bluetooth speakers sound thin or tinny to me, not these. I find it hard to imagine the Flare 2’s can hold their own in a head to head battle with the Booms. I sent you a PM with a link to a review I wrote on the Booms along with some other information.

Edit: Here’s the link to The Motion Boom(s) review:

2 Likes

I would recommend the Motion Boom for outdoor use. It’s larger size and higher power allows it to fill the outdoors with sound much more effectively.

2 Likes

I would take that boom for outdoor use

1 Like

I have 3 flare 2s and had them outside while barbecuing the other night.

The sound is 360, just how they have the speakers setup. I had the set in a triangle around the bbq. They sounded great and I was mindful of how loud I had them.

I’d say they may not be as loud as the boom, in an outdoor setting, but being able to set more tha 2 up together may help offset that.

The booms I think are front facing, so sound would be directional. Loud, but directional.

3 Likes

You should check out El Jefe reviews for other insights on both. As stated that the biggest benefits for the Flare 2 is that you can pair up to 100 speakers to it and it is 360. I have not heard the Boom before but as also stated that you have one device instead of maybe carrying maybe two or so of the other one.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if it was allowed to link to other peoples YouTube reviews. To me the best reviewer is Alan Ross. His reviews contain charts, frequency graphs, etc. He calls the Motion Boom his pound for pound world champion (best bang for the buck). I agree with him.
PS Two Motion Booms in TWS are out of this world.

2 Likes

I would do like @Steve976.
I would buy a 2x Boom.
I like bigger speakers.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies.

Sounds like the motion boom is the best way to go.
(Just need to wait for a deal to come up).

2 Likes

I’m a huge soundcore fan own 3 different pairs of their earbuds and then 1 pair of overears the q30… the boom is a good speaker my only issue with the booms was if I got to 80 percent volume or more they’d distort… no matter how id eq em… so I then went to w king d9… its a special bt speaker… to me its what you’d get if you mixed the motion boom and motion plus into 1… its unreal… that also bein said where it lacks is in deep bass for rap music or that kind of stuff but where it excels is in upper bass like rock music from 50s 60s 70s and on… im 39 but that’s what I listen to… the boom has 2 drivers and 2 passive radiators 1 on each end and runs 30 watts rms… the d9 has 2 woofers 2 tweeter and 1 big passive radiator on back… it runs 60 watts rms and 80 peak… its a beast and what I also like is …the boom is super light … feels cheap as to even the motion plus which was built like a lil tank but the d9 is just built better its heavier and just feels built really well… now all this bein said they also just released the x10… the x10 takes unreal to even more unreal… if you are lookin at the boom or booms I cannot recommend also lookin at the x10 enough … 2 woofers 2 tweeters 3 passive radiators 1 on each end and 1 on back and runs 70 watts rms 90 peak has a 15000mah battery compared to 10 on the boom and can fast charge… ive owned all these speakers and again I love soundcore but till they release a bt speaker similar to w kings the w kings are on nother level and to me the d9 and especially the x10 is to bt speakers what the liberty 2 pros were and continue to be to earbuds… the best of the best under almost any pricepoint but best of luck to you whichever route you go

2 Likes
  1. Don’t take this the wrong way, but I don’t think it’s necessarily good form to push another companies product(s) on Soundcore’s forum in main chat (I would have probably sent him a PM or did that in a 3rd party forum).
  2. On top of that I’ve heard the speakers you are talking about and I didn’t like the way they sounded (especially the D9) to my ears. Sound is subjective and what sounds good to one person won’t necessarily sound good to another.
  3. You have to be careful when comparing specs between different companies. Some companies get, what I like to call happy (over state/rate) when it comes to their specs. I think Soundcore tends to be conservative/underrate their specs.

I saw this review and it confirmed what I heard with my own ears. Either we have different tastes in what sound signature we prefer or there are different versions of the other company’s speakers.

1 Like

No offense taken and like I said… in my opinion… gotta add tho too that I think others opinions like mine that are just speaking their truth is good for companies like soundcore to see… hopefully it will help to push them to make something better… either way for audio products and us as consumers these are awesome times cuz ton of companies are coming out with some insanely good products that are smoking big companies like jbl or sony… I do love soundcore and will continue to but to my ears for bt speakers nothin touches the ones I recommended…and Alan Ross does some great revuews but if ya look at some others besides him they will all say what I’m sayin… just from my testing of them I def prefer the w king speakers but when soundcore releases a boom style with 2 tweeter added better build better battery life and fast charging I will be first to purchase one… def agree too that all ears are subjective… so again was just sharing my opinion… have a good day steve

1 Like

@Steve976, @Pantera43
Thanks for your detailed feedback. I like reading what you write. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

@roger186 not to pry but where are you from? US, UK, DE, CA, or other so if I see a deal I can tag you in it for the boom speaker

2 Likes

I am in the UK.

1 Like

Hey, there. Based on the information you provided, we suggest that the Motion Boom is more likely to meet your needs since it’s 30W which louder than the Flare2 speakers and the Soundcore Motion Boom has a carry handle. I have listed the main feature of the Motion Boom as below:

1.Huge Stereo Sound, mainly for outdoor using
2.BassUp™ Technology
3.IPX7 Waterproof and Floats
4.Customized EQ via Soundcore App
5.Bluetooth 5.0
6.PowerIQ Technology7.USB-C Charging
7.TWS pairing function

4 Likes

Usually certain things will catch my eye when I look for a device. Sometimes I am right on and other times, I get in situations that I pick products that go out of business (Zune) LOL

1 Like