Motion+ Latency (Sony vs Soundcore)

Hello all,

I’ve just got a pair of Motion+ so I can stereo pair. I’ve got a latency issue from my laptop (m.2 bluetooth 5.2 installed and latest intel drivers)

Odd thing is I don’t have a latency issue when playing something from my Android 10 phone.

So, looks like a laptop issue? I also have a pair of Sony SRS XB43’s which run off the same laptop and have zero latency so laptop proven ok. I can pair Soundcore and Sony at the same time and switch between the two and test.

The Soundcore’s have the latest firmware 37.38 according to the app

Any ideas before I return the Soundcore’s?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I would try to reset, forget pairing and try to update drivers Hope it will help.

Thanks for the reply.

Tried and failed. Still the same…

The sync is great with just one speaker then switch the second one and as soon as they stereo pair the sync goes.

I believe what’s happening is in TWS, the Master speaker sends the signal to the slave. I think that’s what’s causing your latency.

Do you have 2 Sony’s paired in TWS? I’m assuming you don’t since you don’t have latency with the Sony or a single Motion +.

2 Likes

Yes I have a like for like. The Sony’s are in TWS with zero latency.

But the Soundcore’s work in TWS from Android 10. Is this a codec issue? I’ve got an AX210 m.2 card in the laptop running BT5.2. Also, the Sony spec reports SBC,AAC,LDAC. I believe LDAC is Sony’s own, is that the difference here? I don’t know…

I’m not sure if LDAC is the difference, but it was made by Sony.

The Motion+ has aptX. Are you able to select that Codec on your Laptop?

1 Like

“LDAC” yeah, was only guessing.

Annoyingly I can’t select a codec, would like to though. Went along those lines and followed a youtuber downloading and installing a Dell addon “Network_Application_100J9_WN32_17.1.1530.31_A00”. It didn’t go well with the Soundcore’s and caused issues.

1 Like

I’m not really sure what’s causing the latency either. If I had to guess I would go with my original thought.

That being said you could always contact Customer Support and ask them. There are phone numbers here along with an E-Mail address. You will probably have better luck with E-Mail, but calling wouldn’t hurt. Sorry I couldn’t help you. Good luck!
https://us.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us

2 Likes

Thank you anyway Steve976. I appreciate your interest and help.

2 Likes

Did you see this?

Different product but the same problem of two speakers causes latency.

I figured it was caused by the 2 speakers being in TWS, but since I don’t have the Motion+'s to test, it’s just an educated guess.

Thanks again. I’ve just retested and played the left right stereo sound test youtube vid and can confirm they’re working as a stereo pair but still with the latency sadly. Looking at the manual I can’t see a partycast mode.