Motion Q - background hiss? 360 sound?

I just got the Motion Q. And turned it on, gets reasonably loud. But I am hearing some background noise that I’m not quite expecting - a bit of a low hiss. Is that something normal that should fade, or a sign of a defect?

And I am really not sure what the 360 refers to - the volume is good, but it doesn’t sound substantially better / more coverage than similar power speakers.

It is quite heavy for the size too. Probably a good sign for quality, but maybe not for carrying in my travel bag.

I’ve said this many many times, but I’ll say it again. There is a “hiss” with any speaker or headset. I don’t have the motion Q personally, but if it’s similar to the speakers I have- then it’s normal.

360 sound means that it’s playing audio in all directions. 360 degrees audio. It doesn’t effect volume, it’s just a really really nice effect, and it makes listening through a single audio source feel more natural.

A certain amount of hiss / white noise is present on any speaker for example if you put it near your ear, if you can hear it from a few feet away that is a different matter (unless you have canine hearing).

As for the 360 audio, this gives even/balanced audio distribution in every direction, compared to say the Zero or Motion+ where if you were sat to the front / side / rear you would hear a slight change in the output such as heavier bass at the rear etc

1 Like

hiss