Motion+ stereo pair issues

My Motion+ stereo pair have serious connection problems. The sound of the slave speaker ALWAYS fail when playing music (sometimes both of them fail, stoping playing for few seconds, alternated). It’s a annoying thing to deal with. The distance between the two speakers is not more from 1m.
Can I do something? Or it’s a defective thing?
Greetings from Brazil.
PS: my English is a work on progress. :wink:

Hello and your English is very good.

So you must first cover the basics.

1. out of the box, did you connect each to the phone and upgrade the firmware? If not then reset them and then do.

2. Delete all pairings on your phone, and turn off phone bluetooth.

3. Reset both speakers. This clears any previous pairings.

Hold the Bluetooth and Volume+ buttons down at the same time for 5-10 seconds until Motion+ restarts.

You’ve now got each back to reset, cleared, running current firmware.

1. Turn on phone bluetooth. Connect the 1st speaker “Master” to your phone. Do not connect 2nd speaker “slave” to the phone. If you had connected 2nd slave in the past, then resetting steps 2 and 3 above both speakers cleared and fixed this issue.

2. Place the two Motion+ right next to each other.

3. Follow the Motion+ TWS pairing guide.

Should now work. Does it?

The most common cause of your issue is your slave speaker is still actually paired, you didn’t reset , it is still connected to something and so your TWS is fighting another connection. The step you’d missed is you had previously connected the 2nd slave speaker and never disconnected it, or it was connecting with something else you’d paired. Doing all these steps makes the speakers forget what you’d done before so it is only 1st master connected to phone, 2nd slave connected only to 1st master (and nothing else).

The Motion+ has a design flaw in its bluetooth chipset, it allows itself to connect to two things at once. It is not meant to be able to do, so the code to make it decide which connection to listen to is not there, and yet it’s still connected to two things. They never fixed the issue. So resetting has to be done fairly often particularly if you pair a speaker with anything else.

1 Like

Thank you The_Professor for your reply. I already had reset the speakers but I’ll do it again. I’ll try to listen to them without connect any other smartphone to and so bring news here.
Thanks again.

1 Like

The reset doesn’t always work so you must both also delete pairing and turn Bluetooth off of everything else.

The Motion+ is the most temperamental speaker I’ve owned. Once you do get it working then leave alone and never use in any other way.

1 Like

Same with computers!:rofl:

1 Like

@RafaelJDias Hey, there. Sorry to hear about your issue. Regarding the issue, please try the following steps to see if it improves:

• Full charge your speakers first.
  • Turn on and reset your Motion+ speakers by holding the Bluetooth and Volume+ button at the same time for 5-10S until the Motion+ is restarted.
  • Put the master speaker on the right, and the slave speaker on the left to test again.

If the steps make no helps, please contact service@soundcore.com and they’ll investigate this for you asap.

1 Like

Hi everyone. Thank you for your assistance. The problem continues even after the reset and the others tips. Now I have a fewer gaps in the sound, with a little different behavior (some kind of interference sound). Basically the same thing. I’ll try the support e-mail when I have some time available here. Thanks again!

Same problem here. I follow the instructions above and the issue is still here.

Sorry for the trouble. Please drop an email to service@soundcore.com they can investigate this for you ASAP.

A couple of thoughts.

I keep seeing Motion+ revisions at FCC, I don’t know what changed but I was hoping they would fix this. Ideally make them multipoint.

Multipoint suffers its own quirks. It works well when the speaker is only BT 4.2 as then all devices connect at 4.2 regardless of if they are 4.2 5 5.1 5.2. But as soon as you buy a BT 5 or 5.2 speaker and if your devices are a mixture of 4.2 5 5.2 then you have to connect the oldest BT first. That’s a very subtle issue with the Soundcore multipoint.

The Motion+ sounds great. It’s got a lovely sound and unlike others I have from Soundcore does not sacrifice mid and treples to make bass. For the price it’s usually then if you can find a workaround for the “bad multiple connection” flaw then it’s worthwhile in my view.

The workaround is to only ever pair them once with one thing. Don’t share them. Don’t pair with two phones. So the fighting of connections doesn’t occur. In my case I like my Motion+ best with my laptop as my laptop has the worst built-in speakers. So paired my M+ with phone to do firmware upgrade, deleted that pairing, reset the speaker and then only paired with my laptop. Then it was reliable. My tablet has great built-in speakers so I never paired it with my M+. What I found earlier, before this conclusion was my M+ was unreliable. It’s also worth mentioning I got my M+ for free for some reason I forget (probably related to customer service) so I’d not complain, only find ways to workaround.

I’d not advocate you send these back as you’d suffer something else like worse sound quality. Or you’d pay more for a chipset which can do multiple Bluetooth version connections.

I’d also like Soundcore to slow down as a company, I’d like fewer less frequent product releases, and more testing and bug fixes per product. Why do 10 things badly when you can do 3 things well. I think the root cause is just a crazy pace of products. From memory they did 29 new/upgrades in last year. The Motion+ barely got time to be really reliable as they went straight into Boom etc in the same line of stereo with multiple drivers effectively sounding the same but distractions from fixing the Motion+.

My 2 cents at least.

There should be a feature to ignore the M+ totally on the phone.
So there will be no more connection established.
Think this has to be done.

There are always problems when such “multiple use” of a speaker is shared.
Sometimes works. :laughing:

Yesterday I connected my Flares minis after I disconnected my Flares from my Laptop.
They were connecting instantly,
but there were tiny interruptions from time to time of the bt connection.
I shut down the laptop, restarted and connected again.
Perfect, the issue is gone.

I will not research why, may be I could, but I dont mind as I found the solution! :grin:

1 Like

I understand you perfectly.

Unfortunately I donated my M+ to a friend.
I could ask him to test suchmultiple connections.
When it was mine I didn’t, because there was no need.

I would contact service@soundcore.com. They may be able to help fix the issue.

I could see that being an issue. You are playing relaxing music and then Bam, The Wiggles starts to play…:slight_smile:

1 Like

I am late here, and I’ve only had mine paired to my Galaxy S20, I’m not savvy with Apple products, but I will take a look at something on my M+ and app, and get back to ya soon as possible. Hopefully give some insight on connectivity if possible

2 Likes

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/gWqYshC83izK

^the M+ you’re likely going to need to disconnect from the phone as shown in the link to the screenshot I made, then pair over to who’s using them next. According to users manual the speakers will try to reconnect to previous device. You shouldn’t have to redownload firmware or anything of that sort.

2 Likes

Or worse Barney…🤷

I often share my flares between devices, only need to turn off BT on iPad if I want to pair with my phone or vice versa… haven’t had to forget / re-pair…

3 Likes

Totally agree but that’s nearly impossible for any Bluetooth product can fulfill without a lot of luck.

It’s extremely difficult for a Bluetooth chipset to run concurrently two different Bluetooth versions. It only ever worked well when one aspect of the relationship was old, such as speaker older 4.2 or all phones old. But as soon as your break that then you need luck of everything being the same Bluetooth version.

If you’re lucky to have the version issue not applicable then you have profiles versions of each protocol running. There’s profiles for audio, control, data, if any not the same then you’d for example find play pause not work when switching

If you’re lucky to pass that then the DAC will struggle to seamlessly switch codecs for media.

So even if the Motion+ did happen to allow multipoint, it would probably suffer one of the other problems.

Ironically, the most reliable technology is the oldest as if a speaker only supports oldest versions (bt 4.2, oldest profiles, older lower bitrate codecs) it would be reliable but sound worse.

But to have something sound good and work seamlessly and be a good price is impossible in my view.

Happy to be proved wrong.

I’ve been active in forums for years, true that the Motion+ has the issue it lets itself be concurrently connected when it’s not capable but even if it didn’t have that issue what you want doesn’t really exist anyway so you’d be tripped up somewhere else instead with such an impossible goal.

My

• Icon Mini is dedicated to backpacking with my phone
  • Mini 2 is dedicated to my bike bag + phone
  • Mini 3 is dedicated to tablet and in the shower
  • Motion+ to laptop
  • Flare Mini I gave to my wife and dedicated to her phone.
  • Slim buds don’t need to be dedicated to anything as they are really old.
1 Like

I am guessing so don’t attach too much weight to my guess.

I am guessing the Motion+ was designed when the Bluetooth chip could support multipoint but the DAC couldn’t and so it had an accident flaw of accidental concurrent connection it could not then service. Previous products before it didn’t allow concurrent connection and successor after it had tested multipoint.

I had product from Soundcore designed after the Motion+ which claimed Multipoint but I had to turn the product off then on to switch from newer to older versions of Bluetooth.

Older products prior to Motion+ just refused concurrent connection and so worked reliably as you had to disconnect connect to work.

I recommend just being realistic.

If you return these speakers you probably will find a similar issue or suffer worse sound quality. You will probably find a newer product has to be turned off then on between switching or need luck everything is the same version.

1 Like

No the app connection has NOTHING to do with this.

All the app does is make a temporary connection when you “connect” to send via a data profile some settings changes.

Connecting is Bluetooth which is the device OS. Not the app.

1 Like

It’s essentially allowing the set of M+ to disconnect from the device currently using them, so if I’m thinking correctly you should be able to pair to them without the previous device interfering because they’re no longer connected, at least until they plan to use them again, and vice versa. It’s worth a shot. I would try here but I only have my phone to run them on currently. If you do have luck with it, please update any results, I’m curious, and invested in learning more :heart: