I received a nice surprise in the Mail yesterday. It was a Red Motion+.
My first impression was that it was a little smaller than I expected, but it was also heavy/solid for it’s size.
Now I’ve only had it since yesterday so this a early impression. I like it. It’s very solid, has excellent clarity, and looks great! I plan on getting a second one for a little Bedroom Speaker System.
"* Hi-Res Audio: Motion+ is equipped with stunning Hi-Res audio which is further enhanced by Qualcomm aptX™ for loss-less music reproduction when streaming via Bluetooth.
- Huge Sound with Intense Bass: Packed with two ultra high-frequency tweeters, neodymium woofers, and passive radiators to fill every corner of your room with 30W of rich sound. Low frequencies are enhanced in real-time by our exclusive BassUpTM technology.
- Exceptional Depth and Clarity: Motion+'s ultra-wide frequency range stretches from 50 Hz to 40 kHz and is paired with an advanced DSP to ensure all the details and idiosyncrasies of a song are faithfully reproduced.
- IPX7 Waterproof: Fully-waterproof casing provides an impenetrable barrier against liquids.
- 12-Hour Playtime: Motion+'s built-in 6700 mAh battery lets you effortlessly soundtrack wild weekends, cozy evenings, or long summer days outdoors."
Comparison to Motion Boom.
- First off it’s smaller but feels solid and heavy for it’s size.
- It has excellent clarity and gets plenty loud.
- I think it might have a tad more clarity than the Boom, but I think the Boom has a tad more low end.
- My personal opinion is the Motion+ is more of an indoor speaker where the Boom is better suited for on the go/outdoors.
- At this point I like them both and think they can peacefully coexist. I think they both excel at different applications.
One thing I really like about the Motion+ is that it has a 3.5mm input. I have lots of Flac Flies and H-Rez Files so I can play them without down sampling them to 320 KBPS. Some of my files range up to 24 Bit, 192 KHZ, and 5000 KBPS. Compare that to a CD that is 16 Bit, 44.1 KHZ, and 1411 KBPS.
My EQ (it’s still a work in progress, but it sounds good to me)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I’ll answer them to the best of my ability.
I’m still in the early stages.
Thanks for taking the time to read through this. I hope you liked it!
I copied the Specs from Soundcore’s website.
Here’s a few more pictures I took of the Red Motion+ in Bloom.
I have an addition to the Motion+ family!