My First Look At The Red Motion+ and a Comparison With The Motion Boom

I received a nice surprise in the Mail yesterday. It was a Red Motion+.

My first impression was that it was a little smaller than I expected, but it was also heavy/solid for it’s size.

Now I’ve only had it since yesterday so this a early impression. I like it. It’s very solid, has excellent clarity, and looks great! I plan on getting a second one for a little Bedroom Speaker System.

Specs:
"* Hi-Res Audio: Motion+ is equipped with stunning Hi-Res audio which is further enhanced by Qualcomm aptX™ for loss-less music reproduction when streaming via Bluetooth.

• Huge Sound with Intense Bass: Packed with two ultra high-frequency tweeters, neodymium woofers, and passive radiators to fill every corner of your room with 30W of rich sound. Low frequencies are enhanced in real-time by our exclusive BassUpTM technology.
  • Exceptional Depth and Clarity: Motion+'s ultra-wide frequency range stretches from 50 Hz to 40 kHz and is paired with an advanced DSP to ensure all the details and idiosyncrasies of a song are faithfully reproduced.
  • IPX7 Waterproof: Fully-waterproof casing provides an impenetrable barrier against liquids.
  • 12-Hour Playtime: Motion+'s built-in 6700 mAh battery lets you effortlessly soundtrack wild weekends, cozy evenings, or long summer days outdoors."

Comparison to Motion Boom.

1. First off it’s smaller but feels solid and heavy for it’s size.
  2. It has excellent clarity and gets plenty loud.
  3. I think it might have a tad more clarity than the Boom, but I think the Boom has a tad more low end.
  4. My personal opinion is the Motion+ is more of an indoor speaker where the Boom is better suited for on the go/outdoors.:thinking:
  5. At this point I like them both and think they can peacefully coexist. I think they both excel at different applications.

One thing I really like about the Motion+ is that it has a 3.5mm input. I have lots of Flac Flies and H-Rez Files so I can play them without down sampling them to 320 KBPS. Some of my files range up to 24 Bit, 192 KHZ, and 5000 KBPS. Compare that to a CD that is 16 Bit, 44.1 KHZ, and 1411 KBPS. :thinking:

My EQ (it’s still a work in progress, but it sounds good to me)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I’ll answer them to the best of my ability.
I’m still in the early stages.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this. I hope you liked it! :+1:

Notes:
I copied the Specs from Soundcore’s website.

Edit:
Here’s a few more pictures I took of the Red Motion+ in Bloom.

I have an addition to the Motion+ family! :grinning:

5 Likes

I had such an motion +
Donated it to the girls of my polish friend.
I remember a clear sound (tweeters).
May be I wrote a review (ANKER’s forum).
I can search for it.
But because its an old model there is no need.

3 Likes

Well it’s new for me since I just received it yesterday. :smiley:

I also think the Red and Blue Colorway are relatively new. I think the Red looks sharp. I think the Blue is also nice! :clap:

1 Like

Mine was a black one.
The specifications will not have changed much I suppose.
Suggestion : Bedroom.
What are the sqm of it?
If its really a big one, two of the m+ will do.
If its a small room, even two Flare mini (I use those here in my pensioner’s office (ca 18sqm) ) are perfect.

2 Likes

It’s a nice sized Bedroom.

Now the important question is:
Do I get another Red one so they match or do I get a Blue one so that I can have Red for the Right Channel and Blue for the Left Channel?

Decisions, decisions. :grin:

2 Likes

These are all important questions, Steve. :laughing:
I remember I got the newer version of a flare mini.
No chance to pair it with the older model.
(There was a difference in of the model number)

But the funniest thing : I was donated such an icon mini (orange)
and it didn’t pair with the black brother.
Same model number!
I got a hint by Neil, that it could be a problem of the speaker’s version who nobody knew at this time.
And this was the solution,

Blue / Red?

For me the decision of the channels would be easy
Right : blue, Left : red.

But for you an US-American it could be another one .
You have these two colors as well
So you may decide! :rofl:
( I can not) :smile:

2 Likes

Nice review and pics.

This might have to be what I use my $80 coupon against… when it arrives!

2 Likes

"Nice review and pics.

This might have to be what I use my $80 coupon against… when it arrives!"

Thanks for the kind words @Craig_Paterson, I appreciate it!

That’s exactly what I plan to do. I cashed in 500 Notes today ($100 Coupon). I’m a little nervous because it’s the first time I’ve exchanged Notes for a Coupon. I clicked on check address but it sent me to a L3P page instead. My account shows the 500 Notes debited though.

Wish me luck,

PS When I get my coupon the question is do I get another Red one so they match or do I get a Blue one so I can have Red for the Right Channel and Blue for the Left Channel?

Decisions, decisions. :grin:

Cheers,
Steve

2 Likes

Yeah, tough call on the colour choice. For aesthetics, I’d go with the red. But for a statement, go for the blue for the left channel.

Hope my coupon comes through soon. Still not heard nothing back from Vanessa yet.

2 Likes

I hope so too my friend. Good luck! :+1:

2 Likes

Since this question gets asked lot I decided to add my EQ to the first post. That being said I change my EQ here and there depending on recording and to some extent my mood.

1 Like

very exciting steve, glad you are able to put it through it’s paces.

good initial take and photos, i’d opine going for a matching set with another red… otherwise you may end up with 4… :rofl:

2 Likes

I was already thinking the same thing @TheSnarkyOne. Great minds and all lol . :rofl:

2 Likes

But motion plus takes 16 bit 44khz…only but in poweramp songs will run of 24 bit …

1 Like

Great review and photos @Steve976
Seems red Motion+ looks better than on official photos :grinning:
@Craig_Paterson @Steve976 I did exchanged 400 Notes last week as well :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice comparison, personally I think both in the same color as with decor it would be easier to match. But then again I am a woman so I would love to see softer neutral colors so the speakers blend in to home decor. Lol

2 Likes

I think the Red looks great in real life (at least to my eyes) @VertigoXX :+1:

3 Likes

I added a couple of pictures to the 1st post. An addition to the Motion+ family, a Blue Motion+. :grinning: