Need Advice - True Wireless BT Headphones for Zoom Calls - Buying in BULK!

So, I work for a college, and we have a lot of faculty teaching in this hybrid model where they have students in class and at a distance at the same time. We want to buy them BT earbuds with the best mic possible at the most reasonable price. I’m thinking Life P2, but here are my questions:

1. Can the Life P2 pair independently? Most teachers are going to want to use only one bud at a time so they can hear the students in class as well as the students at a distance.

2. Is the sound quality for the far-end person impacted by using only one bud? In other words, will the mic in work in stand alone version?

3. Is there a set of TW buds here that are especially good for one-bud use?

Any feedback appreciated. I’m probably going to buy a dozen or so of whatever we land on.

Personally I don’t own these and I’m not sure if they will work with one earbud. However I do know if you use one earbud the mic quality decreases slightly because there are microphones on both so you would be reducing the number of micorphones. I feel like they might still work if you take one out and leave it on the desk instead of the case if they don’t support using one independently.
They are also on sale on the soundcore site I don’t know if you noticed or not. I also know the spirit dot 2 and spirit X2 both work really nicely as single earbuds but they are more expensive.
Wish you the best of luck

Thanks @ktkundy - You pointed me toward what I was looking for. This tech in the Spirit Dot was what I was trying to remember:

• MCSync True-Wireless Connection Technology : Latency is reduced by up to 30% and you’re able to switch between using two earbuds or a single one effortlessly.

I wish they had a bud with that and the beamforming mics in the Life p2.

I use the Life p2 independently all the time. Sound quality wise the other party generally does not know I am using an earbud so it works great in that aspect. personally I tend to use these more often for phone calls as I like to be able to hear my surroundings as well.

another alternative that I found is the life dot 2 or the spirit dot 2, eitherway the earwings are the most comfortable I ever used and often forget I have them in my ears. Sound quality wise its on par if not just edges the life p2 slightly in terms of phone call quality. Music quality they are about on par with one another

1 Like

trust me, the mic on the spirit dot 2 picks up a lot of sound even if its farther away from your mouth. I have them all and did prefer using the P2 until I got the life dot 2 and spirit dot 2.

2 Likes

If students are learning remotely… The best option is to have Anker PowerConf / PowerConf S3

Nothing can beat it for voice quality!!

As we speak, my daughter (11 year old) is using it for her School Remote Learning on Zoom calls, testing for her today . So far after 3 hours - she loves it… Might buy one more PowerConf… :+1:

The spirit dot 2 have really nice mic quality in my opinion same with the X2 but that is just me

Not sure if it is only me… Spirit X2, these kind of hurt the ear lobes after extended use. Had given it to my wife when I won it, she used it for couple of weeks and gave it back to me. I have been using it, and feel the pain after 1-2 hours of use… It is the portion which goes behind the ear lobes, this is my honest experience. It is good for short stints of 30min.

how about yours?

Well, in this case it’s for the teacher, who is often walking around a large room or large lab setting. They need the mic to come with them. We do have a few stationary mics (some really high end ones too) and they just aren’t optimized if the teacher is roaming more than about 10ft.

@tank thanks for the note about the P2 working as a single bud - that’s what I needed to hear :slight_smile:

PowerConf should work teachers as well, I usually take calls on PowerConf, sitting on chair as well as walk around my desk, Picks up voice very well

I agree with @Tank. I have the spirit dot 2 and found them to have great sound quality for phone calls and the mics are work well even though they aren’t that close to the mouth.

I have a set of Liberties and another set of airpod style from soundcore and they sound good but aren’t as comfortable and the mic on them aren’t the greatest. People complain about not being able to hear me clearly sometimes.

1 Like

I can not help due to I tend not to use the mic for calls