New Life Headphones: Testing Time! 20 Test Units Up for Grabs!

Wow! This is a long thread. Hope my reply can be seen. My name is Glenn of Glenn Upgraded, I’m a content creator and influencer in the Philippines. I do tech related review videos, I do well-detailed reviews as well as take banger photos to post on social media and related community groups to share.
Here are some of sample reviews I made and please check the quality of how well-detailed of my reviews.
Video 1: https://youtu.be/7xgcaD6Evkw

Video 2: https://youtu.be/XSOyEn3DWiI

Photo sample: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDd087Alpx6/?igshid=1lk8ggtxj3c32

You may reach me at @glennupgraded on Instagram anytime.

Thank you for this opportunity. Have a wonderful day.

My platform of choice probably would be written but could be tempted to try a video unboxing potentially.

I think it is interesting about the surprise details that needs to be kept secret until the 27th.

We know they aready have
HI-RES AUDIO WIRELESS CERTIFICATION
LDAC BLUETOOTH CODEC
WEARING DETECTION

So it will be interesting to see what the other details are. I have a few thought. (potentially a variety of color, ANC, multipoint, or maybe it is the aaca version of the L2Pro :wink: that I mentioned earlier to name a few).

With that said what is the test plan.

The test plan is to highlight some of the off the “bullet points” that the company wants to express to the user and provide my honest opinions of the claims.

I will also try to make sure that these other points are also are included in most of my reviews.

1. Description of the product being tested. It could be testing the fit of the product, describing the material and/or the functions of the device and with the app.
  2. I usually try a distance test as well as a battery test for the users.
  3. Usually pros and cons of the device within the written reviews.
  4. The ease of connecting to a device pc and the sound quality of the service as well as other points of interest.

Although I have done a straightforward review of a device, I have tended to try to get a hook for a review to bring people to read it.

I find that I like to try to draw readers in with the hook and hope they enjoy what was written. Here are a few examples.

https://community.soundcore.com/t/soundcore-p2-a-star-wars-story/137130

I will say this that if picked or not picked, I think that these three would be interesting to read or watch. (although we have several great entries from others as well)

1. @Dez_S - She personally has some of the best pictures of previous reviews.
  2. @The_Professor- I think he is one of the more technical people on the community.
  3. @Tank - I find that he is one of the more real people that I have met and have heard some of the great things he has done in the past. Plus it does not hurt getting 70k on his video review of the Liberty Air on YouTube.
5 Likes

We also already know publicly about beam forming microphones. I have no idea what that means but guessing

• four external microphones
  • two each side
  • fore and aft
  • sound from aft picked up from front is filtered out from the front
  • sound different in timing between left and right is ignored as not from a central line
  • so the sound remaining is forward and central like the voice comes from
  • filter out frequencies abnormal for human voice
  • they recess the microphone to not pick up wind and
  • the forward recess is pointing towards the mouth direction.

That’s what I’d do.

No real mention of ANC but to do that also requires 2 microphones so total 6 microphones.

Source:

https://uk.soundcore.com/pages/newlife?ref=a3027_navigation

Haha, I don’t think I am capable to do a solid review like all of you professionally.
So good luck to all the regulars members here!!! I’m sure you will do a great job like you always being here.

1 Like

I am sure you could fo unpacking video @starfan

1 Like

Hi team SoundCore, I would love to test the new set for you.

Content wise there was my video on the Bose QC35II versus the Q20 which made it to post of the month:

Soundcore Q20 Life vs Bose QC35 II: Budget headphones that may just surprise you

I then also dived in to the world of AirPod Pros vs the life P2:

Goodbye AirPod Pro’s, Hello Soundcore Life P2’s: Unboxing and Review

I like to think that as a normal user, I can help people understand that big money doesn’t have to change hands if you’re looking for enjoyable experiences but also highlight where they SoundCore option can beat the big players such as Apple and Bose.

I’ll happily have a full video review and unboxing ready within a week followed up by a contest between headphones.

1 Like

I’d nominate

@Fast_Unboxer

I’d like the audio analysis including then ANC, and a teardown. Seeing as teardown breaks a unit, suggest sending two. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Every unboxing and reading the known published specs wears decidedly thin after the first couple.

I’ve challenged why reviewers do an unboxing video and the response was the unbox is easy to make and so released early, they often do a deeper review later and so earn double the viewers monetary gain.

2 Likes

I always associated @Dez_S with Thunderbolt and hubs but yes a diverse perspective.

@Tank also for a different perspective, more so on fit as his head is about twice the size of mine (hint in the name). :muscle:

The padding at the top of my Q30 seems to be losing its strength and so the plastic to the side is beginning to dig into my head, just had a haircut also (barber’s opened this week after months of closed) and the plastic is beginning to hurt my head.

So diversity physically of different people will help give a rounded view.

2 Likes

"Dont you want to unbox ?"

2 Likes

My goodness what is with all the edits to the initial posts?

Edits should have been disallowed, and perhaps a google docs form to allow for submitting plans such that those late to the post cannot copy and one up.

Best of luck to those that have put their name forward. I have some in my opinion that should chosen, just check the likes. No need to billboard them…

5 Likes

Agreed :+1:

Posting of testing plans always leads to a bit of copy/paste of other users ideas to improve the chances of selection/winning.

1 Like

As I have no plan at all,
I can not copy one from another person
which I suppose its a better one than mine.:rofl:

4 Likes

@Chiquinho: So your plan:
:joy:"My plan is … no plan.":+1:t2:

1 Like

A google doc would have been a much better idea for sure since it’s less likely to have people copying other which then just leads to whoever has the better platform winning instead of the better idea and better testing

1 Like

Yep I want to see TJ 1311 on these. Only certain people I watch and he is one.

1 Like

Thanks bud, really nice to know!

Would be great to hear TJ’s opinion on these.

I am a recent Soundcore customer, I bought the Life Q30 headphones and I’m very satisfied with the purchase made. I would like to test the new headphones and be able to give my opinion too.

I’m currently using BOSE QC 35 II. I’m an audio enthusiast. I am a software engineer, who loves to listen to music while working.
I know quite a lot about headphones, that’s why I call myself an audiophile. I believe Anker Soundcore has very good sales in the Netherlands.
If you could just provide me with review headphones. I know stuff about ANC, DAC (LDAC, APTX), etc, Bluetooth 6, open back vs closed-back headphones, soundstage, wired vs wireless.
Thanks for the opportunity.