New Music Friday | Let’s Share!

Hi everyone,

In Monday’s Core Update, @TechMan suggested that we have a theme for this week’s New Music Friday. For the past few days, I’ve been thinking about some potential themes for this week’s contest and I decided to go with:

Favorite Song Of 2020 So Far!

We’re halfway through the year, so let’s share our favorite songs that were released in the first half of 2020 :star_struck:

As usual, post a YouTube video of your song in the comments below and the entries will be added to a poll in next Monday’s Core Update. Then voting will commence!

Last Week’s Winners

1st Place: Journey - Don’t Stop Believin’
@ktkundy receives 15 Giveaway Tickets

2nd Place: Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
@jercox receives 10 Giveaway Tickets

3rd Place: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Suzie Q
@Chiquinho receives 5 Giveaway Tickets

:arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down:

3 Likes

I’ll start with one of my favorite songs which was released way back in February:

Havent checked Andrew’s “NEW RULES”.

Don’t know any songs of this year, so I have no idea. Sorry!

So I have to withdraw my proposals.

Congrats to the top 3 @Chiquinho @ktkundy and @jercox :+1:

Favourite of 2020 (which is not so many) so far for me has to be one I posted previously;

With this one a close second (as I only heard it this year!)

The video is great!
Has a deep influence of Rene Magritte.

Let’s go with Memories.

1 Like

Wow can’t believe I won… guess I have to Don’t stop believin’ :joy:
Congrats to all the other people and thanks to everyone who voted for my song. Hmm a theme this week. I think maybe every first week of the month should be a theme one and the rest should be regular that way we get a nice mix of suggestions that I can keep adding to my ever growing play list.

Weekly is better and no theme!
Our theme is only music :smiley:
Otherwise a confusions would start about a “theme”

1 Like

I support that as well because I feel like I get more of a variety with no theme but I’m willing to give it a try.

1 Like

This would create a unmanageable list with many , many , too many entries.
Try to make one! :smiley:

American Aquarium’s new album is great. Here is the first single:

1 Like

Cool and exciting to get second this week, congrats to the other winners!

I have trouble with an entry from this year. I generally have no idea when the songs I listen to came out, most of the ones I like aren’t current.

1 Like

Why songs of this year?
Go back and take the ones you like.

The rule for this week is that it’s supposed to be a song from this year :wink:.

Yeah I have no clue when anything I listen to comes out

2 Likes

Not many good songs came out this year from Bollywood. But there is a song that I can listen to that would calm me down just by the music so here it is. Got the audio only link so there are no dialogues from the movie

1 Like

Luke Combs - Six Feet Apart

Trevor Daniel - Falling

1 Like

This definitely isn’t from this year, but these guys were the pioneers for social distancing.