[New Release] Life Dot 2!

I guess the question becomes whether IPX5 is good enough for sweat protection in normal workout use - if so, the rest of the specs are pretty good for the price.

That’s great to hear, @moparjd!

:heart_eyes: Looking forward to it!

1 Like

UPDATE

Although @Lucas_Nelson was gracious enough to provide us a first look at Life Dot 2, I have just added an official product image to the original post HERE.

3 Likes

I need them to add app support so my original guess can be 100% right :joy:

1 Like

Doubt it, but I honestly think this is a good choice, even without app support.

UPDATE

Soundcore’s Life Dot 2 is available to order now from target.com for $49.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

2 Likes

Done :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was able to get these at my Target today. Wanted to share a few initial thoughts. For reference, this is my third pair of truly wireless headphones.I have the original Apple Airpods and the Liberty 2.

The case is thicker than both of those and heavier due to that 100 hour battery but it is still pocket-able. You can’t open the case one-handed though, if that is something that interests you. I have only played a few songs, so I can’t comment on the sound yet.

They both have a clickable button on each earbud. You can just play/pause, skip or go back to previous tracks, and answer/end phone calls. no volume controls on the earbuds themselves. Buttons seem fairly responsive. So far, don’t feel like I’m pushing the earbuds further into my ear when I use them.

2 Likes

Does that mean you are adding these to your extensive list of soundcore products already? No wonder you end up with so many.

1 Like

Haha. Josh asked me to edit the original post (for some reason users can’t edit posts after 3 months). It appears he edited that out though.

2 Likes

*2 months :grin:

1 Like

I was in Walmart today and saw these earbuds. What caught my eye was the 100 hrs battery life with case. I watched a YouTube review while in the store. Liked what I saw so I purchased them.

I like everything about these earbuds. The fit is great and they are comfortable. I fell I can wear these for 15+ hours. The sound quality is real good. I can control everything from the earbuds even accessing my Amazon Music Unlimited subscription by setting Alexa as my default assistant.

2 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying them! Feel free to leave a full review after you get a few weeks to test them :grin:

1 Like

when soundcore life dot 2 will be avilable to order on soundcore and amazon website to order please let me know so that i can ask my friend to order from amazon usa as i have been eagerly waiting for them to be released.

1 Like

Later this month? Maybe next? That’s just a guess based on how Soundcore has been doing things.

You can email service@soundcore.com, and they might give you a response, but that is always subject to change, as has been repeatedly demonstrates.

thanks for replying well soundcore and amazon both have been very much lazy in releasing new models well life dot 2 is avilable on target and wallmart but they are only delivering it to pick up from store which is impossible to do so i am waiting for these products to be released on amazon.

1 Like

Not sure lazy is the right way to describe it, but okay.

False. Target is shipping it.

I just picked these up from Target today. TL;DR: amazing value, perfect for on-the-go music/podcasts thanks to their great sound and passive noise isolation.

I have the AirPods Gen2 (great for phone calls and podcasts), BeatsX (getting old and the cord gets annoying) and Bose Soundwear (it’s getting old but I do like them for home use). The AirPods Pro wouldn’t stay in my ears for long so those went back. I’ve recently tested the JLAB Go Air (not loud enough), Microsoft Surface Headphones 2, Jabra Elite 85H, Beats Solo Pro, Beats Powerbeats 4 and all were returned due to lack of comfort for what they cost.

These sound amazing to me. Really solid all around sound, with great bass. I’ve tested tracks of all genres. Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band to give you a sense for my style of music. Dua Lipa latest tracks sound great as does Moby’s 90s works. John Williams sounds well presented.

These are just as good if not better than everything I’ve tested recently, IMO. They also offer excellent passive noise isolation using the tip/wing sizes pre-installed. The case is bulky and a little heavy but worth it for the battery life. They show up in the iOS battery widget (90% charge out of the box). the buttons work well and I don’t see them accidentally being triggered.

However, when connected to my iPad Pro they show a significant amount of latency with the YouTube iOS app. All other video apps show minor latency that wouldn’t impact their usability for watching TV/movies. But these basically can’t be used for YouTube video where you’re watching anyone speak to the camera. It’s possible the YouTube latency issue goes away as I’ve heard iOS/app updates occasionally address this.

I wish they worked better with YouTube and offered multipoint as those would make them my one and only pair of headphones. But once the world opens back up and I find myself on the rail and subway lines, airplanes, and walks outside, these will be my go to. The lack of volume controls isn’t the end of the world, but would be nice.

I’m glad they aren’t supported by an app. I get overwhelmed by choice. I end up adjusting things and then get annoyed. But it would be nice if their firmware could be updated as something like the YouTube latency issue might have a shot at being addressed.

My ears are picky when it comes to comfort so I have to see how they feel in the early mornings and late evenings as my ears change shape and wax build ups.

But for now, about an hour in, this is the best audio experience I’ve had recently. Well worth $50, maybe worth more. I might be able to use a smaller ear tip/wing combination for prolonged comfort, but I love the seal I’m getting now.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

You should consider making a dedicated thread for your review :wink: (and possible add some photos if you have the time).

1 Like