New Soundcore Products Announcement on August 25th

Ha, I will ask my neighbors.
I will cook they will pay.
German “Eintopf”!

1 Like

Seems it will be flagship model or models so I expect the price will be high. Something in a range 159 - 179

1 Like

True, but also no pre-order so I’d expect 15%-20% off after a month-ish for the USA “holidays” market.

Personally I am just much more interested that whoever was selected for beta did a good job and that the reviews when embargo lifted are in-depth, thorough and more than just looks and superficial impressions.

Because good beta testing = less bugs, and good reviews = less bad purchase decisions = less regret.

We’ll see.

3 Likes

Wonder if any discount for a bundle? Like this

2 Likes

i just wonder if it will be lighter in weight and yes this is exciting news

1 Like

Well it’s the 25th where is this new product?

1 Like

I do not think they do it too early in the US market. So I could see it being out around 10 am pst or 1 pm est maybe give or take a few hours.

All guess work though…

2 Likes

One of the influencers is releasing videos at 9am, so figure should be close to there, about 3 hrs perhaps.

1 Like

It would seem like the products have already been announced (Headphones and Earbuds)

1 Like

Is their any discount codes on spundcore website to order directly or only thru amazon?

1 Like

yes go see some of the reviews they have codes 20%

1 Like

Can’t get em to work on soundcore website tho seems only good for amazon

2 Likes

I expect there will be codes for Soundcore site as well.

1 Like

ALLSPACECA is the code for site

1 Like

Anyone else a bit underwhelmed by the new products announced today? I don’t know, maybe I just expected more. Don’t get me wrong, these new products look like they are pretty good. I just expected something a bit more special.

4 Likes

The devil’s yet to come in the details as the testers not gone into the corners that users do.

There’s no mention of the wired mic ANC capability for the Q45. Wait until the big complaints about Q45 and A40 mic performance hits here. The complaints of A40 6 mics and yet everyone can hear background noise, will hit shortly.

I see it as evolutionary, small changes, consistent with they release many products.

• We had the requests to make smaller buds, they did with the A40. I expect they can make smaller again next. To make smaller means no physical button, so touch so being able to turn off touch is a logical answer. I expect users to request more tweaks to the touch controls.
  • (me included) we wanted better ANC. Well this seems hyped and not particularly true. Only slightly better. A tear-down probably will reveal why. My suspicion is they used the same BES chips and only tweaked software. If they used higher end chips the price wouldn’t such a low % increase. I think it’s a balanced view to say good performance at their price point.
  • I can see they mention 50h, as it’s easy, slightly bigger battery. I don’t think users actually need it. There’s enough minutes (e.g. in the shower) when you’re not using the buds to put them that time in case to give hours of extra time.

But look back over a year overall they’ve moved definitively the needle. They released Frames, X10 in the last year which moved the needle on innovation and performance. X10 being quite a lot better than the X2.

I also expect before end of calendar year some more smaller buds, and push into different use cases.

If they released fewer products, we’d probably feel more in awe of each individually.

Let’s see if:

• smaller version of L3P comes out. I don’t think they can improve sound quality, but they should be able to shrink the diameter of the outer part and shave a little off weight. I may begin to codename it “L3P+”. I don’t think it will make existing L3P buy the “L3P+” but it will make those to rejected the L3P for size / comfort reasons decide to buy the “L3P+”.

I’d like Soundcore community to used to ask what we want. What seems to occur is they use us as purely a marketing place. We do state asks here often but there’s no interaction. Like they read and don’t reply.

3 Likes

The more you expect the less you get! :grin:

I remember those first WYSIWYG editors in the 1990ies
I called these YNGWYW editors. :laughing:

So my expectations are always low.
Acting so, the disappointment is not so big. :laughing:

That’s a criticism of marketing not engineering.

If they didn’t say 98% noise reduction, where reviews show it’s a tiny improvement, then we’d be saying modest improvement for modest price increase. Instead the marketing causes the opposite.

Somewhere there’s an engineer who’s done a good job to improve specifications and performance without significant cost increase. They should be thanked. But they aren’t as hype does the opposite.

I’d have preferred marketing which said relative improvement, say “10% better ANC than …” so consumers can decide if they buy these newer or older products. We’d get there eventually in a few weeks via reviews anyway.

2 Likes

I think that this may be a learning experience for Soundcore. They released a pretty good lower end headset first that makes it hard to level up to the higher price item but then turned around and did it again for the q35 to q45.

I think they should have done it like how they done the earbuds. L2P first, then I think it was L3P but they also came out with an upgrade to the L2P around same time I think as the l3p.

It should have been q30 then make the q45 as the premier headset and then come back to the q35. They could have more development on the 45 and maybe a better NC than the 10 percent ANC per say…

1 Like

No they released L2P, then a long wait, then L2P+, then almost immediately afterwards the L3P. I’d say they should have not done the L2P+ in that example.

It’s too early to be confident in this view: the Q45 is such a small upgrade from the Q35 they should have not released it and let a higher upgrade product later be next instead.

But if you looked at the L2P, L2P+, L3P timeline, and did nothing other than extrapolation, you’d expect a “Q50” shortly which is a bigger jump.

I won’t link to the bad reviews but we’ve seen some good reviews who have proved to me the Q45 is a modest upgrade and as a Q30 owner I’m not jumping in until my Q30 break.

2 Likes