New Year's Resolution #2: Support Artists in Need with MusiCares®

After all the events of 2020 this next resolution is more important now than ever before.

Resolution Number 2: Support Artists in Need with MusiCares

It’s no secret that the pandemic this year has put a lot of people on the back foot; particularly those whose livelihoods depend on public events and gatherings. For many, making it through to better days has required support from people who understand their unique circumstances.

In order to make sure musicians who find themselves in need of assistance are able to receive it, we’ve joined forces with MusiCares, which provides a support system of health and human services across a spectrum of needs including physical and mental health, addiction recovery, hearing clinics, unforeseen personal emergencies and disaster relief including COVID-19 relief. They’ve been doing this since 1993; and they’re really good at it. In fact, if you make a habit of watching the GRAMMY Awards®, you’ve probably heard of them before. Every year during GRAMMY Week, MusiCares hosts a charity gala to continue raising awareness and fundraise to support those in need. During the event, MusiCares honors a Person of the Year; usually a high-profile artist with a history of significant philanthropic efforts (more on that later).

Here’s a short message from MusiCares about their mission:

Some of the services they provide include:

• Emergency financial assistance
  • Addiction recovery assistance and support
  • Custom hearing protection
  • Free preventive medical and dental clinics
  • Pop-up hearing and medical clinics for talent and crew at festivals, conferences, and events
  • Specialized support for those affected by COVID-19

As you can see, MusiCares covers all the bases, and that’s why we’ve partnered with them to bring you our new and improved podcast: Soundcore Stories. Each week, we’ll highlight a special guest and their unique, inspiring (often music-related) journey, giving our listeners an insider’s perspective on the people behind the music they love. We’ve got some really exciting names on the roster that we can’t wait to share with you.

Of course, each episode we’ll highlight our partner MusiCares. Their work in the music community ensures that we/ll all have amazing things to listen to for years to come! 78 cents of each dollar donated goes directly into the operation of their programs and services. If you’re interested in making a contribution, you can see how right here.

But Soundcore Stories isn’t all! We’re going to be producing even more exciting events in collaboration with MusiCares in 2021, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled for announcements.

If you’re curious, check out their Person of the Year celebration to see the musical icons who have stood by MusiCares and their mission. It’s a passion we share, and we’re proud to be in the company of these legends in pledging our support of this incredible charity.

Who is your favorite artist among MusiCares’ Person of the Year, and your favorite song of theirs? Let us know below, and remember to check this space tomorrow when @Hannah spills the beans about our final resolution!

• Aaron
6 Likes

Nice group of folks there…Aerosmith and Dolly are pretty good

1 Like

I always liked Hotel California by the Eagles/ Don Henley

1 Like

Wow… This resolution is impressing.
It is very hard to select favourite artist because the list is so impresive.
Let it be Sting / Police Every Breath You Take

1 Like

Amazing list of artists with countless amount of hits. But I will have to give it to:

Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight LIVE HD - YouTube

1 Like

Like Billy Joel, his charity program I am familiar with, it has helped a lot of families over the years.

2 Likes

Excellent choice. You can never leave.

1 Like

So many great New Years resolutions Soundcore

1 Like

I will also say it is pretty good partnership for soundcore and LUM

1 Like

Dolly also has has her Imagination Library, which is free books for little kids. I saw her bio in the link Person of the Year link that it has done more the 80 million books :astonished: These are some awesome partnerships Soundcore is forming. Can’t wait to see how the new improved podcast come out next year :wink:

2 Likes

This is a great piece of news

1 Like

Billy Joel is nice person

1 Like

Makes me wonder what else Soundcore could do with the partnership besides the Soundcore Stories. Perhaps add option to donate money instead of winning products on leaderboard?