Odd or interesting music facts

Odd or interesting music facts

As I have looked around at times I see some interesting facts sometimes about music just like number 7. I was surprised by that amount. So here is a hodgepodge of facts…

1. US consumers spend an average of 4 hours a day listening to music.

2. Researchers at the University of Leicester found that cows produce 3% more milk when they listen to relaxing music.

3. Scientist in South Korea proved that playing music, especially classical to plants helps them grow faster.

4. The word “music” comes from the Muses, goddesses of the arts in Greek mythology.

5. According to a study, it is concluded that the volume of the cortex (grey matter) is highest in the professional musicians, intermediate in armature musicians and low in the non-musicians.

6. Jimi Hendrix’ and ‘The Beatles’ couldn’t read or write musi

7. As of June 2018, there is 24,000 songs created a day and about 9 million within a year.

8. All the musicians in an orchestra have to tune their musical instruments to Stuttgart pitch at 440 Hz, the frequency of the musical note A4 on a standard 88 key piano.

9. Radio is the top-used format in Germany (58%), Canada (51%), UK (51%), and US (44%).

10. https://euphonicspace.com/longest-piece-of-music/ It will take 600 plus years, REALLY!!!

11. The oldest known musical instrument is a set of bone flutes excavated from Geißenklösterle Cave in the Swabian Jura of southern Germany

12. ‘Gothic’ Symphony No. 1 composed by
    Havergal Brian requires over 800 musicians including 82 string players for the concert performance

13. I did find an old article for an app called forgetify that will play Spotify songs with zero listens. Based on the 2014 article there is an average of 4 million with zero views but guess it is more now. (https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/forgotify-plays-spotifys-4-million-unheard-songs-5901260/)

2 Likes

I was aware of some of these but not all. Thank you @Duane_Lester for the refresher. I’m definitely going to try forgotify.

1 Like

Thanks for posting. I knew just some of them.

I did a couple too but you tend to forget whether it is true or an old saying

I was thinking the same as well on forgetify… Since it was a 2014 thing, I not sure if it is still around but is interesting none the least… I just not had time to check it out other than to make sure there was a website.