Old comedy on how not to be an Audiophile

For those old enough to remember.

Technology can be daunting but we all started somewhere, so community to help each other.

3 Likes

But what if I want to be an audiophile? I can hear better with my gold plated cables, right? I’m very glad that technology has simplified out a lot of these problems.

And those are absolutely the worst stereotypes of both salesmen and geeks, but an entertaining sketch I had not seen.

This is both sad and really funny all at the same time :joy::sob::joy::sob:

So tweeter and woofers…Is that dogs and birds, right? :wink:

I had a great many years selling hi-fi separates in my 9 years of electronics retail.
If you had the right client it was common to spend half a day going through hardware options accessories and demonstrations.
I loved it, really loved it.
The way we consume music now had changed the face of audio. Convenience is now more important than quality. Thats a shame, but also an obvious progression.

My first “Hifi” cost me 3 weeks pay. My last Soundcore purchase cost me 20 minutes pay.

1 Like

I think there will be the progression to more quality. I mean look at phones, they were humongous and then it went to how small. Now they are getting a little bigger with better thing in them such as cameras and such.

1 Like

Today’s phone costs 4x what they did 8 years ago…

1 Like

100% @The_Professor
I recall buying a Pioneer all in one hifi which cost a bomb in comparison to what you would spend today.
It was a good purchase to be fair.
Had a 3 CD changer on a rotating platform/tray and I recall the volume dial moving round when you changed volume using the remote - think that sold it to me.
And it was 5-6 years later I started my first “proper job” working for the company and in the store I purchased that hifi from.

1 Like

Maybe, I do recall paying about £350 in the late 90’s for a Nokia 8310 (tiny blue back-lit thing)
Looking online it says its about £800 today, that what I paid for the S20+ last year.
AND the Samsung didn’t come with Snake as standard - I’m sure there’s many here who doesn’t know what Snake is!
I remember when Snake 2 came out, you were flying high if you had the 3310 with Snake 2.

Oh the reminiscing is actually quite emotional.

1 Like