oluv's gadgets: Sony WH-1000XM4 vs Anker Soundcore Life Q30

Listen with your headphones on.

3 Likes

Funny how well Soundcore competes…

wow great to see the Q30 being compared to high end sony headphones

I feel like both headphones have pretty bass heavy default EQs. This was very evident when you Life Q30 was compared with user eq vs default on Sony. Both headphones sound great and I honestly couldn’t make out too much of a difference but I think I preferred the Q30 with the EQ on it than any of the EQ tried out with Sony. Either way, I’m sure I can make the Q30 sound pretty good (personal preference of course) despite them costing so little. Also, I’m sure I can tune the Sony a little different and maybe make them sound slightly more closer to Q30, just some of my thoughts.

@skypros thanks for sharing this video!

1 Like

Awesome! Very well done. I found the EXACT same thing. I had purchased the “Sony WH-CH700N” headphones and once I compared the sound that they generated with the Soundcore Q30’s the Q30’s were much better at filling the Musical space with clean, full sound. I actually gave the Sony’s away and kept the Soundcore Q30’s. I Love them. Keep Smiling… I will.

Oluv did another review of the Life Q30s 12.10.20
He walks through Vienna at Christmas time… It gives a real good idea on how well the ANC and sound quality as he walks around the BEAUTIFUL Town !!

With any headphone/speaker adjusting EQ to your preference is really the key. Like he said, once you mess around with EQ settings, you can really get good sound out of it. But it really is a great thing to see Soundcore do so well to compete with big boys in this category. ANC was pretty good on these and Antwan showed that earlier as well but with only 1 mic in his ear

I wish Oluv’s gadgets could share the EQ setting for free to all. Thanks

See the settings in this video
They are quite similar to Oluv’s one.

ah yes i saw it already but not sure the setting is similar or not to OLUV 's one coz i dont have the other one. do you?

It should be something like -6 +6 +1 +3 +1 +6 -1 +2