Pairing difficulty

So, I replaced my originals with new Liberty Air-2s. Pairing was as easy as before. But, when I open my Mac I have to uninstall and repair the Liberty A2s every time. They simply will not reconnect with the connect button. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem? It makes these not worth having. All my older devices simply connect when prompted these will not.

Have you tried a delete from the bt list of the Mac and a reset of the earbuds?
Make sure there is no other bt source where the earbuds could be connected to.

Are they still connected on another device when you try to pair to the Mac ?

I’m on an Iphone 7. I’m on my third pair of LIbery Air 2 Pros. The soundcore App drops 2 to 4 X / day --heard that right. I’ve uninstalled the app, reinstalled, reset headphones, dropped the units from my blue tooth list etc.

All I can say is the app --which is integral to the features, is unreliable despite having talked to tech support and been told the LA2Ps are backwards compatible.

The amount of time I’ve spent trying to get these to work is off the chard. Pair one made a crackling rustling sound in addition to the app dropping. Pair 2 had a whining sound that hearing aids make when I simply touched or readjusted one unit. Pair 3 drops often or a single ear bud won’t connect.

I’m willing to try other units from Anker at a similar price point under the warranty at this juncture. This has not been a good experience and I bought these based upon the reviews I found on the internet in fairly reputable magazines etc. I’m seeing enough people having similar problems of some sort or another to warrant making some arrangement with Anker.

I got these primarily for telephone use for my job and the time lost riding back and forth to Best Buy, updating each time, resetting, calling Anker etc --it’s unretrievable lost time