Pairing q35 to laptop

Hi just got new Soundcore life q35. They pair easily to my phone. Trying to pair with my Dell laptop and it doesn’t work.

I make them discoverable and they appear on the lap top list of Bluetooth devices, but when I click on the headphones in the list it fails to connect.

Any suggestions a fairly tech innocent person can follow?

I use a dell at work and connect the q30 easily (FYI q30 are similar to the q35 without the ldac).

So first off what is the laptop and how old is it.

I basically hit the add Bluetooth or other device, found it, and it connected the q30.

I would say restart the laptop first as sometimes there may be some issues there and restarting should resolve some of that.

Restart the q35 and so that it is fresh and not connected to the phone and eliminate issues there.

If it does not connect, there could be a need to update the BT driver that we found that a lot of folks needed when there was a rush for headphones during covid. I would use the search on the laptop and it should take you there or can give you instructions to how to do that as I do not have that view option while at work…

When it fails does it gives you a message or error or something.

1 Like

Use the bt driver given by the bt card manufacturer instead of the default one from MS.

1 Like

Maybe this will help:

What should I do if Life Q35 does not pair with my device?
1. Forget the pairing record on your device, turn off Bluetooth and turn it on again. 2. Reset Life Q35 by long pressing the power button and volume + button for 5 seconds. 3. Try to pair Life Q35 with another device.

How do I connect Life Q35 with another device?
Life Q35 will automatically connect to the last paired device when turned on. If you would like to pair it with a different device, use one of the following methods: - Turn off Bluetooth on the device you were connected to so that Life Q35 enters pairing mode. Then connect to the second device via Bluetooth. - If you prefer not to turn off Bluetooth on the first device, double press the power button to make Life Q35 re-enter pairing mode, and find Life Q35 in the second device’s list of available Bluetooth devices.

Turn your phone’s Bluetooth off.

Turn headphones off, wait 10s, on.

Should now pair with laptop.

This is because the headphones have to connect to the oldest Bluetooth version first.

1 Like

Hello, @jlawest sorry to learn about the issue with your Life Q35 earphones, in this case, the following tips are worth trying:

• “Forget” the headphones in your device’s Bluetooth history.
  • Reset the headphones by holding the Power and Volume+ buttons for 5 seconds(while the headphones are charging).
  • Try pairing it with another device.

For any warranty assistance, please feel free to drop an email to service@soundcore.com detailing the issue and the order information, our customer support team will take care of your case within 24hrs.

No worry, we always stand behind your product and are ready for help.