(PL) 18th Chopin Competition, winner: Bruce (Xiaoyu) Liu 🇨🇦

The International Piano Competition Fryderyk Chopin (often abbreviated as the Chopin Competition ) - one of the oldest and prestigious piano music competitions in the world , held every 5 years in Warsaw.
Bruce (Xiaoyu) Liu from Canada won the 18th Chopin Competition :clap:.
The winner received the award from the President of Poland, Andrzej Duda.
Here is Chopin’s Piano Concerto in E minor OP. 11 performed by a Canadian:

3 Likes

Nice performance. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Got a few min in but being at work, it will have to wait but does sound pretty good for what I heard.

I wonder if @Chiquinho have seen this yet.

I will do later!

1 Like

Haha great minds think alike… this was on our local news yesterday morning and I had though I wonder who I know that may share this :thinking:

I listened to his entire final performance yesterday PM, and it was fantastic. I am going to watch some of the other finalists and earlier as they are some on YT.

It sounded incredible in my air 2 pros… will use the lib 2 pros this weekend…

1 Like

This concert by Chopin is one of my favorite works by this great Polish composer.
I’m glad you also listen to classical music sometimes. The name Bruce is easy to remember because it is associated with the karate master Bruce Lee :joy:.
And Bruce- pianist is already the second Canadian I know :smiley:.

1 Like

More info…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. It sounds very good! :clap:

1 Like

I’ve spent most of past 3 days listening to many more of those in the competition.

All such unbelievable talent and a treat to listen.

She was one of my favourites, along with Bruce.

I didn’t envy the judging panel, seemingly not much difference between them.

2 Likes

Such a talent!! ty for sharing

1 Like

I listened to both recordings for a long time today. I like them both.
In my opinion, Aimi plays the slower, lyrical-romantic fragments of the concert nicer.
Bruce plays better where you have to play faster and harder.
I like his gentle finger movements on the piano’s keyboard.
Aimi probably would have won the entire competition, if not for mistakes (so write others - not me).

She plays great as well.

1 Like

I must admit, I didn’t watch the videos of the playing, just enjoyed the music. I wouldn’t have noticed had there been any errors. However, after getting through some of the other competitors, I have heard a difference in quality of the pianists.

Bruce is deserving of the accolades, played really well.

1 Like