Playing music in your head

Although the thread is a little earlier today but I found this very interesting and too cool to wait.

The device seems to be able to project the sound to your head so that you are the only one that hears it and not to disturb others that are around you. I find it intriguing and scary as well because of how that may affect you in the long run.

The device, the soundbeamer, it seems will be making a Christmas 2021 visit this year and it can be your for the sound head blasting price of 600 dollars.

I think it would be interesting to try it but would rather wait for further testing.

• Will Buy it
  • Will not buy it
  • Wait for price to lower
  • Use it
  • Wont use it
  • Wait for further testing

0 voters

1 Like

I wrote about this technique some time ago.
Would not buy it.
There are a lot of other things in my head I have to care about! :rofl:

Really, I must of missed your thread LOL

I did a search for the sound beamer and a few other terms. I even tried a search sound in your head and did not see anything lol

I agree. It kinda reminds me of that one news report of US ambassadors in Cuba saying they got sick and I thought they were hearing some sound or something. I could see it could have opposite effects on some ( ie like some people getting seizures from flashing lights)

I am skeptical but intriqued.

I know sound can be made louder/softer by placing the speakers a given distant apart and relying on the constructive/destructive interference, but that is unique to each frequency so you cannot do it for all sounds.

Sound also reflects and diffracts based on frequency so I’m skeptical you can offer as good a sound using beam forming.

But if it works, then clever engineering.

We make too much noise pollution as it is, people are happier in silence, or as near silence possible.

1 Like

I remember it was a technique developed by an Israeli company.
But : In our days the sensory overload is enormous.
Really too much!
So I never would do this.

Thanks for share. Nice idea but unclear how it will be implemented.

I think it is clever engineering as well. It makes you wonder what other aspects they could use this technology.

My kid has Asperger and a few things we did was sound therapy with headset and certain sound. I think it was to help develop his hypothalamus quicker. So if they can beam sound near the ear. I wounder if they could do that to other parts of the brain meaning using that sound to target certain parts of the brain at a higher concentration .

You could say depending on what they could do with it, it could have good or bad benefits to it. .

The ears are holes in the skull, immediately within the holes are the auditory canal. Sound beamed to any other part of the skull would sound muffled as the higher frequences basically bounce off the skull.

So it won’t work to beam to a specific part of the skull whilst maintaining audio quality.

Similar issues are present with bone conduction earphones.

Also the sound made by speakers is unique to the room as different frequencies are similarly reflected or absorbed, the room has a unique sound. Why speakers sound different to earphones. You’d be able to detect this is a unique sound.

Also the way we know if sound is in front or behind is we move our heads slightly. And the sound is modified by the ear between forewards and behind.

So not necessarily bad sound quality, just unusual in a possibly subjectively inferior way. I’d wait for reviews so remove any claims and hype.

1 Like