Please add single tap gestures on liberty air 2!

I’m sure I’m not the only one looking for this. Why include double tap but not single tap gestures? I don’t understand. I only just got these things today and I’m already annoyed by the not so great responsiveness of the tap gestures. I get it these are budget earbuds and they sound great for the price. The battery life hasn’t been tested by me yet because I’m waiting for my stores delivery night to put them through their proper paces, but out of the gate in already frustrated by the controls. Why have custom controls but not enough gesture types to use all of the options in the controls? :confused: so confused here.

2 Likes

I don’t use the controls much but you can have it setup to almost do all the options. With the pause from taking them out you would only be missing one option. For me it’s easy since I don’t use voice assistance at all.

Yeah I understand that that’s an alternative. But I shouldn’t have to remove the buds to pause the music when I only want to pause it for a minute or two to talk to someone maybe? Oh yes please let me just remove my very small light weight new ear buds and hold them with my hand. When they could have just, you know, programmed in single tap play/pause :confused:

2 Likes

I believe they don’t have single tap gestures, because it reduces accidental touches

I feel triple click is a better option than a single click,

Need to see what Soundcore decides / thinks about it
@Loz @dorothy.li

2 Likes

I always thought that the first tap was to activate the function and the second tap was to do the action.

If this is doable, then why not add triple click on Liberty 2 Pro?

2 Likes

This kind of reminds me of the What about Mary movie. When the guy said he was going to do a 7 abs video to one up the 8 min abs people. The Ben Stiller character said what if somebody do a 6 min ab workout. The other guy starts acting crazy and wacky.

LOL Lets just not go to a 4 click add

I have jlabs, and jabra elite 75 and the both have single tap

1 Like

i wholeheartedly agree, i need 6 functions and it only allows 4

2 Likes

I was looking for single tap function also! Why don’t you add single tap just like other brands? If the purpose not to add was just to prevent accidental touch, then we don’t need to buy touch control head phone like this! If user want to prevent it, they will have option to set it as “do nothing”. Please add more control like single and triple tap! Thank you!

1 Like

Because we dont need it. Simple answer…

1 Like

You don’t need it doesn’t mean that other people don’t need. Then why other brands have that single touch control? Such a silly answer!

1 Like

It is hard to not do things accidentally when you touch them to adjust the fit in your ears for instance. Fine balance to try to find, you don’t want false positives.

1 Like

I think it makes perfect sense to allow this as an option in the app.

@poppo.wang any insight Into this?

2 Likes

Single tap didn’t exist only a month ago? I just bought mine and single tap is the default volume control…

1 Like

Interesting! I just checked, and mine doesn’t have a firmware update, and still does not have single tap function.

Would you mind sharing a photo of the instructions that show the single tap function for reference?

Mine have single tap, apparently there’s 2 different models of the air 2

@poppo.wang any insight into this?

@TechMan , I think that single tap may have came with the liberty air 2 that does not have the auto pause.

It was a thread where a guy bought 2 of them a month apart. If I remember right the single tap mentioned were mostly the white ones

I would say the ones with the single tap has a firmware 10. something ,if I remember right. The auto pause air 2 has firmware 4 something.