Please bring back ANC while wired for the Q30!

Ooo I forgot about that it’s an interesting reason kind of strange to advertise and then take away. I wonder if it will come back later or just be gone forever

i dont think there is any hope into it, here’s the email from support:

To make sure the stable Bluetooth connection, the original chip manufacturer close the ANC feature in the wired mode. In this situation, there is no access to use the ANC mode when using them via the aux cable now. In addition, please note we can’t downgrade the firmware and there is nothing wrong with this firmware version. So sorry for the disappointment.

they offered a partial refund if want to keep them or to return the item

at this point i am convinced, units with 2.30 out of box has the feature disabled by purpose and we cant expect them to revert

the biggest issue remains AUX quality is a joke without any power (you can compare them to Life 2 or Q20 quality in wired mode even without ANC)

if this was a tech forum, we could have investigated the possibility of pulling the old firmware from 2.10 units

4 Likes

I need this feature! Using with my PC in wired mode I want to have ANC features. Especially when Bluetooth is not advanced enough (hello 21st century) to have stereo sound and mic at the time.

1 Like

Same disappointment as you. I just got this model yesterday and first thing I tried was was wired with ANC… big surprise it is not working, now checking online and seeing your comments. I am returning this right away… last time I buy this brand. Big disappointment.

2 Likes

Disappointed with the audio when using the wired connection. Heavy muddy bass and no option to use the EQ to improve the frequency response. Reverted back to using a cheap pair of Sony wired phones with my non Bluetooth kit.

1 Like

Hey can you please enable back this feature? This was a really bad move from you guys, why would you remove this key feature?

1 Like

I cancel an order of the product just in time as falsely advertising a feature.

Having EQ sound profile with ANC when listening through wire is a major product feature described in the manual and everywhere. Having bluetooth connectivity issue when the product is wire connected is a small annoyance as once you plugged the unit through wired, you are not supposed to use the bluetooth feature anyway . So what’s the deal!

No ANC through wire also means you cannot use this product in an airplane flight when connected to the audio system (through wire) of the plane! The main reason i would bought the product in the 1st place!

Luckily i was almost a customer and i hate product updates where a product you bought can be destroyed and controlled later without you can do anything.

I guess this is the difference between the big Ones and maybe more expensive products: they are doing what they told you they do…

Thanks guys and i am sorry you have been taken in hostage.

Soundcore never for me

1 Like

I just purchased these headphones today and was wondering why that was not possible (anymore?)to use it like that. They have been really good headphones so far. Makes me want to return them and just pay the extra to have something that should be a basic function, for a product that cost me about $80. Frustrating.

1 Like

What firmware do you have? Mine came with 02.10 and they still say up to date. Everything works on mine. It seems like they discontinued 02.30.

All that being said I buy Bluetooth headphones to use via Bluetooth. If I want to use wired headphones, I would buy Wired Headphones (I have both types). To me the cord on the Q30 is for if the battery is dead so they could still be used (if they were discharged, then none of the extras would work anyway). Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Unfortunately I have the 2.30 firmware. Crazy cause even my routers firmware can be downgraded. Lol… just nuts. I think I’ll look into getting a wired pair like you mentioned. I can only hope they offer an option to downgrade the firmware eventually. Anyways, thanks for help.

1 Like

I have 2.30 firmware and wired mode sound terrible
headset cant be turned on after i plugged the cable
please give back that feature soundcore

1 Like

All that being said I buy Bluetooth headphones to use via Bluetooth. If I want to use wired headphones, I would buy Wired Headphones (I have both types). To me the cord on the Q30 is for if the battery is dead so they could still be used (if they were discharged, then none of the extras would work anyway). Just my 2 cents.

I bought mine primarily to use Bluetooth as well, but a secondary use case for me is to use them when connecting to in-flight entertainment options while flying. All of those that I’ve seen so far have been 3.5mm wired connections. A little bit of Googling shows that United and Qatar airlines are starting to roll out Bluetooth enabled systems (or I could get a 3.5mm BT dongle), but I fly Delta and the lay of the land here really is wired. Remember the rage when Apple discontinued the headphone jack and provided the lightning-headphone adapter with their phones? People don’t like dongles even if the functionality is identical.

ANC and equalization are not strictly required in this use case, but it is very beneficial to be able to use in my opinion. I am lucky that I am showing version 2.1 as up to date and these features still seem to work for me, but if I were to buy my wife a pair how do I know that hers will behave the same way as mine do on the plane?

2.3 seems to be pulled since my device shows 2.1 as current, so I’m sure that whatever the next firmware update is will restore this functionality. It just seems strange that it’s taken this long to fix.

I bought it because I thought it can be used wired, but just discovered this after the terrible sound I had wired and that I can’t use the equilizer parameters in this case. So sad, I will have to send it back !

1 Like

I wonder if you guys contact Customer Support if they can send you the 02.10 firmware? I think they might be able to do that. It’s worth a shot.
https://us.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us

3 Likes

Second this, it can’t hurt. My experience with Soundcore support has been top notch and I know that on some level they have the ability to manually push out or hold back headset firmware upgrades to control the deployment (otherwise everyone would have gotten the update that breaks this feature). Not sure about downgrades, but you never know if you don’t ask.

2 Likes

I’m glad to have found this post, I was considering buying the Q30s but not being able to use ANC while wired is really dumb. Hopefully Soundcore figures this out because it’s not ok to sell a downgraded product with a borked firmware 1 year after its release after receiving good reviews overall, a real shame.

1 Like

any info about Anker Q20+ ???
i need new Wired ANC headphone…
or anyone can give me some alternatives…

1 Like

@bro_bray I recommend Q35.
ANC works with a cable connection :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

i still dont feel Q35 worth value for money…
in my country its almost twice the price of Q30 with no local Anker Warranty…
The “Official” Anker in my country only sell Q20+ and Q30… :joy:

I also got mine for in-flight ANC and in-flight entertainment which is using 3.5mm wired connections.
ANC doesn’t work on mine when plugged in and it was really disappointing.