Podcast Recommendations | Share Your Favorites

Hi everyone,

As you know we love music here :musical_note::notes: But did you know that we also love podcasts? I am a huge fan and I know a lot of my coworkers are too, so I asked them to give me their recommendations, and in turn, share them with you guys!

@Will Fake Doctors, Real Friends
A rewatch of the TV show Scrubs, hosted by the two leading actors, Zach Braff (JD) and Donald Faison (Turk). Along with their guests, they discuss Scrubs episode by episode. It’s filled with enough trivia, secrets, and insight into everything behind the scenes to satisfy any Scrubs fan.

@Hannah Switched On Pop
The hosts describe it as “a podcast about the making and meaning of popular music”. It’s informative, but remains easy to follow and makes me excited to listen to the songs they discuss.

Bonus Recommendation:
Reply All - Episode #158 The Case of the Missing Hit
The hosts try to track down a song that has apparently vanished from the internet and the resulting search is unbelievably fun and absurd in equal measures.

Aaron: Critical Role
It’s a podcast created by voice actors in Hollywood who play Dungeons and Dragons. Even if DnD or tabletop gaming isn’t your thing, you’ll enjoy the story written by Matt Mercer, an accomplished fantasy writer in his own right, as well as the performances by the cast who bring the characters to life in a humorous and heartwarming story. You might even be inspired to run your own game of DnD with your friends online like I have been doing during the lockdown.

Michael: Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast
Nothing works better to take your mind off things than having a good laugh—and Bill always delivers. I also really enjoy how he focuses on the positives of being in lockdown, like spending more time with his family, getting in shape, or playing drums.

James: The Football Ramble
I like The Football Ramble, even though there is no football happening at the moment. They even get me really excited about the idea of the current season being declared null and void.

(Note for our American friends: This is a British podcast about soccer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Samuel: CLUBLIFE by Tiësto
A weekly podcast with an hour of the hottest new EDM releases and remixes. Hosted by the world’s #9 ranked DJ—the legendary Tiesto—it’s the highlight of my week when it lands every Friday. If you’re a club fanatic, EDM lover, or even a retired raver, this is the music podcast for you!

Tyler: All The Smoke
Two former NBA guys who were previously known to be instigators and hot heads talk with other athletes and the like. They mainly speak to basketball players so it’s a really awesome “insider” sort of interview. As you can imagine, it draws out some stories that an average reporter wouldn’t get!

Are any of you fans of the podcasts we recommended? Let us know in the comments and also share your podcast recommendations with everyone :star_struck:

7 Likes

WVFRM (WaveForm)

Hosted by Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) and Andrew Manganelli, this podcast covers all things tech. From the Tesla roadster, to CES coverage- this podcast covers it all in a unique format, and while keeping every episode interesting.

6 Likes

The Joe Budden Podcast

2 Likes

DTNS (Daily Tech News Show) is a must listen for me every day.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll have to check that out!

Nice! Never knew MKBHD had his own Podcast!

1 Like

I used to listen to the TEDTalks Technology Podcast, and the Click

4 Likes
  1. Tiny Meat Gang
  2. Misfits
  3. No Agenda

my favorites :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No Agenda
Small Town Murder
Crime in Sports
Moe Factz

2 Likes

I will give this and few other podcasts a try :blush:

2 Likes

I tend to listen to Conversations with Tyler whenever one of those goes up, but even there it very much depends on the guest / topic. And they are relatively infrequent, so I barely think of it as a podcast.

Haven’t found anything else I am willing to listen to consistently.

2 Likes

I enjoy Waveform, Home Cooking (from the creator of “Song Exploder” & “The West Wing Weekly” Hrishikesh Hirway and chef/author Samin Nosrat), and The Empty Bowl (“a meditative podcast about cereal”). And even though there are only a few episodes & the last one is almost a year old, David Tennant’s “David Tennant Does a Podcast With…” is pretty great. Yes, that David Tennant.

3 Likes

Make me smart
Is probably my go to podcast for a while and one that I constantly listen to.
I also listen to college info geek as a college student and a couple other ones I’ll listen to every now and then

I like prank Nation, I tend to listen to a lot of prank calls and what not while I’m at work

2 Likes

I occasionally take a spam call and waste their time if I can do it while working on something that doesn’t need my full attention. I’m not good enough to bother recording it, but stringing spammers along for a while can be entertaining. Lots of back and forth as I try to get them to tell me about my credit cards and give vague, generic and inaccurate answer to their questions…

Recording phone calls without the other callers permission is illegal in most states. Be careful if you do that…

1 Like

That Samuel fella’ has a good taste in musical podcasts. Cracking suggestion, old boy!

I personally love Shift F1, a sublime Formula 1 podcast. My wife hates me watching it, but I sure do love the ZOOOOM of those space ships!

I don’t record them. But most of the time, in an effort to sound legit, the scammers will say something about the call being monitored or recorded (since all real businesses say that on their calls). So that covers both parties if it comes down to it.
Also, Georgia is a one party consent state. I consent, so covered there too. They agree to operate under Georgia law just by calling me.

1 Like

I have done that as well. I had one recently where they were asking about my medical card.

My favorite is the ones that state they go error message from my computer. I then act as if I follow their instructions and then act like I am having trouble navigating the computer.

I think my dad has the best ones as he will let them talk and then start asking what color under garments that they have on. Most times they will hang up on him.