[Poll] Monthly Leaderboard

The Soundcore Collective Monthly Leaderboard currently shows a portion of the Top 250 members’ emails.

Would you rather usernames appear instead?

Be sure to voice your opinion in the poll below!

Would you rather the Monthly Leaderboard display emails or usernames?

• Emails, I don’t care about recognition.
  • Usernames, I want everyone to know I’m the best!

0 voters

Feel free to explain why you voted the way you did with a reply!

2 Likes

Definitely usernames.

Due to the fact that the default usernames are actually the email addresses, and the leaderboard give the ending title (iCloud, gmail, yahoo etc.) you can actually figure out a lot of people’s emails, which is bad.

I was gonna bring this up, but hadn’t gotten around to it yet.

@Loz you should seriously reconsider this

2 Likes

Emails don’t tell who the user is… Rather usernames makes more sense …

However if there are some social media events, I would request Soundcore to highlight the winners in the existing email format

1 Like

I feel like you can easily find someone email address if you match the points with leader boards.
I have got another idea that could possibly work what if for the leader boards you have completely anonymous name which you will pick🤔.

1 Like

Now the community is young… Come October… things will be very different… porting exp points from Anker Community will change the stats

Usernames are the best way for leaderboard.

1 Like

I agree.:+1: Also since if you have email on the leaderboard it is kind of security hazard and the asterisks on email are exact to how many characters there are. In my opinion if you going display user’s email the asterisks should be completely different to the characters in the email.

1 Like

definitely usernames. I don’t like seeing my email on the leaderboard.

1 Like

Also when you enter you email in the community it does say it will “Never be shown to the public”

1 Like

Whilst the emails are obscured I still prefer the username option myself for a security and personal preference standpoint :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As we’re talking about creating a community I think it’s better to display usernames instead of “email addresses” blurred with ***, that doesn’t even relate to our username or profile.
Members could check top profiles more easily, and get inspired to participate more in the community.

1 Like

Asterisks don’t actually show the exact digits.

Are sure? Because it’s showing the exact digits for me. Which is not good.

Edit: By exact digits I mean the length of email

1 Like

Usernames would definitely be better!

1 Like

On the forum, it’s better usernames.

1 Like

It’s not exact digits for me.

Usernames, so we’ll know who is who.

1 Like

Usernames please!

1 Like

Well oops😅. Guess I exposed my email😬

Usernames for sure just for recognition, but some people want to keep their status of it anonymous like hiding their profiles, so it is a 50/50 imho

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your opinions, everyone!

1 Like