Poll: Which music streaming service do you prefer when using aptx or LDAC?

@Steve976 Thanks for the information. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Always happy to help.
PS I’m pretty sure I downloaded it for free from the Microsoft Store. I’m not 100% positive because I’ve had it for awhile. I know it was free though.

1 Like

A good article, amazon music leaning, but gives great comparison between services and the payouts to the artists… sadly LUM isn’t listed, likely due to its newness and perhaps no HD service yet…

2 Likes

Thank you for that. I came across that article when I was just starting to look. They do mean towards Amazon, but there are great points made about other services, too.

1 Like

Yes, and I find it nice to know how much each service actually pays the artist per stream.

This article had one of the better charts I had seen in some time.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for posting that. I thought the comparison between services was especially interesting.

2 Likes

I use that to help with which service to use. As for some of the artists featured on the #soundcoresessions they get some pretty decent royalty payments through the service.

I follow Dave Giles, as he’s trying to raise £ to get to Abby Road for recording a record early 2022, on twitch.

1 Like

I like the LUM music, bur the LUM App isn’t available in the UK, so on my phone it’s limited to the playlists in the app.

Another community member kindly shared that there is a beta on the lum.fm website where you can sign up and
then it lets you find and play music using a web browser.

Like others I am keen t o see what Spotify HD looks like.

I’m waiting impatiently for more solid info for Spotify Hifi. It’s not necessarily going to be my #1 choice. But I’d like to have a picture of all info before committing to a service. The article posted above makes be want to look into Deezer because of how it supports the artists. The hifi price is more than I’m paying now, though, which is a deterrent.

1 Like

Deezer HI-FI with LDAC. I have been with Deezer on their HI-FI plan for over a year now and their library of .FLAC files is enormous. LDAC is great for this because is handle the “lossy data amounts” without a sweat. I’ve tried Tidal and their MQA file format and honestly unless I’m plugged in to my high dollar home system I can’t detect the quality difference between Deezer HI-FI and Tidal MQA.

From what I’ve read, MQA isn’t really special besides the label when it comes to quality. I’ve listened to some MQA stuff and they sound good… but so do the regular tracks on Amazon HD or Deezer. I don’t have a high dollar system, though.

Will there be a Dolby Atmos Surround Sound for Spotify or something like that?

There’s supposed to be a lossless hifi option “soon.”