Pre-order on upcoming Life

I really hope there is a pre-order discount of some kind available for the upcoming Life headphones!! Even if only fore members!! Who’s with me??!! Very excited🤩

4 Likes

Depending on your notes a 100 notes get you 20 dollars but do not think you would get before they come out

@DirtyD4
A good idea!:grin:

At $130 yes you’d expect something to encourage early adopters.

However with the recent decision to select 20 testers, if they come back with a generally very positive set of reviews then it reduces risks for early adopters.

So I’m less sure now the discount would happen.

The last product launch had $30 off for all early adopters, or $40 or $50 for loyalty discount, but then were far less reviews than we’re now expecting.

So my conclusion? It depends on shipping dates. If the 20 testers reviews are before generally available to public shipping then there’s less of a reason for early adopters discount.

Don’t know dates so…

One can guess some reviewers conclusions by simply reading off the published specs.

• LDAC isnt supported on all phones so roughly half the reviews won’t hear a benefit.

• HiRes needs good hearing and again roughly half the reviews won’t hear a benefit

• LDAC needs a good radio connection, some in crowded areas will experience stuttering.

• the microphone quality improvement only applies for those making calls, many mostly don’t.

• So what you’ll probably find is around half the conclusions are they are very good but is it worth the $50 more than the Q30.

I’m still expecting the net overall conclusion to be favourable, more so for those who dont have Q30 to do a side by side. There were some who offered to review Q30 Vs Q35 who weren’t selected.

Who will title their review “good but is it worth the $50 extra” ?

2 Likes

They might which might be a sign up thin on their site like Anker did for their new webcam launch. But I’m not so sure they would do the different level of loyalty discounts like they did for the LA2P

I don’t think somebody will use such title :smiley:
About pricing… I expect similar pricing and discounts like it was with Liberty Air 2 Pro.

I’m willing to haha

if you could send me a q30 to test in comparison lol

You were saying …

" The Anker Soundcore Life Q35 are launching for £129.99, which makes them the most expensive headphones Anker has, but still cheaper than all the big brand name ANC headphones.

The older Anker Life Q30 are currently just £65, which you can’t fault considering the price and I would expect the ANC performance to be the same…

The main negative would be the £129.99 RRP vs the current price of the Life Q30, which are about half the cost. I do not doubt that these sound better; LDAC definitely makes a difference. Smart wearing detection and AI calling are nice, but not something I would be bothered about if not there."

So I’ve never said the Q35 would be bad, it’s a question of if the price point relative to predecessor is set right. Will the added features warrant paying extra. For those who don’t need wired microphone, can’t tell the audio difference, why pay more.

1 Like