PS5 preorders: Here's where you'll be able to reserve a PlayStation 5

I know we have some gamers here or at least enthusiasts and PS 5 has been the big news in gaming since launch. I missed the launch stream but read a few articles and saw videos about it. Now finally preorders are opening soon and would love to see how it handles some intense games

1 Like

I think it depends on the file sizes. As systems get more powerful the games usually have a bigger file sizes and I think it sort of even out some functionality.

I think it should handle it pretty good. I can not remember what it was exactly but something was stated in how Sony had configured the system or hard drive that is will be a big game changer in how other laptops will be created. (If I find the article again, I will post it.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Personally don’t think I will get the ps5 and even if so not for preorder probably wait for a sale at some point

2 Likes

Black Friday maybe or some time in Spring since Black Friday might be too soon

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’m looking for plus I’ve already heard mixed reviews about it even before it’s come out so we shall wait and see I guess

2 Likes

Not much of a gamer but yea would rather buy after some reviews roll in and with better discounts

1 Like

I’m not a huge gamer either my current PS3 was bought because it was on sale and was cheaper than the Blu-ray player my family was looking at. But every now and then my brother can convince me to play a racing game with him

1 Like

Yea I feel you. I want to play GTA 5 and some other games but my laptop can’t do any kind of gaming. Plus I heard GTA 5 gamers say it requires a ton of cooling and GPU power to keep going. Hope PS 5 addresses all those issues without having some kind of loud fan

1 Like

I’ll definitely be getting the PS5 when it comes out. I ended up trading in my PS4 to Best Buy to cut down on the cost of everything I will be buying :moneybag: . It will give me some time to do some house projects lol. I’m mostly a console gamer & will typically just buy Paradox computer games (until Diablo 4 comes out :japanese_ogre:). I know there is still a couple months till it releases, but I’ll let you guys know how it works out when it does finally get here.

1 Like

I’m a gamer, but I wouldn’t bother with the PS5 for now. Just like the PS4 (which I have), PS5 would probably have an upgraded version released some time down this decade. THAT’s when I would think about buying it. Right now, PS4 is sufficient for me. The reason I even bought a PS4 was to play PS-exclusive games, which aren’t available on any other platforms. I can wait until there are more PS5-exclusive games before I spend the money.

1 Like

I am about the same. Usually there is an issue when they first come out anyways. I mean take the fan issue on xbox the one year. So let them works the kinks out

Plus I have got some games that I have meant to play but have not really got into them yet. So I am still good with staying with PS4 for another year or maybe two.

1 Like

I hear you. I was initially an Xbox person all the way because of Halo. Then about 2 1/2 years ago I switched over to PlayStation to try all of the older exclusives and for all the newer ones they would get. Of course we are still waiting on the price of the PS5, but I got plenty of use out of my old PS4 Pro and got a good amount on the trade in. That is why I was willing to jump in right away on the PS5.

1 Like

My user name is below for any PlayStation people who want to additional friend on there :slight_smile: Definitely will be on a lot when the PS5 releases :upside_down_face:

Waggs721

1 Like

Every outlet that has historically sold video game consoles ?

I didn’t click the link just taking a guess lol

Very true lol Yeah I see a lot of different articles that are click-bait on Facebook utilizing wording that make it seems like something new has been revealed on pre-orders. Sony made a comment that it will be widely known when they do pre-orders, since there was a rumor a few weeks ago that pre-orders were going live randomly without an announcement.

I’ll be waiting for the PS5 Slim to come out, since every generation I go with the slim model

Don’t blame you. Here is an older article, but it talks about how the consoles lifespan is getting shorter. Then a more recent article talking the same or a year short. Which I think points to the Slim or Pro version coming not to long after the initial release.

I just want the new Xbox eventually, and I’m sure both will be available everywhere.