Publishing identical (similar) photos at the gallery

It seems that there are identical (very similar) photos
published frequently at the gallery.

Reason?
Point farming :wink:

What do you think about?

2 Likes

Mentioned similar in a group PM I’m included in…kinda what happens when high monthly points = goodies…would be interesting to see what the posting habits and leaderboard looks like if they just offer some giveaway tickets as the monthly prize :grin:

7 Likes

Yea it really gets annoying seeing the same people post multiple photos of the same product at different angles

3 Likes

I am really hoping they start doing it soon :+1:

May be starting next month :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Sorry, i’m quite new here and don’t know the rules to this forum as well as you. Didn’t know that it wasn’t allowed… i’m sorry

Earning points is clearly connected to many activities on this forum. Topics, gallery, me too / thanks for posting comments, people invited to the forum - there are 230,843 users, but less than 200 have visited 10 or more times in the last quarter. But it drives more forum activity than there would be otherwise, I assume that was the goal.

One picture is worth as many points as 5 comments or 2 started threads and more than getting 1000 likes, they are clearly trying to encourage more pictures to get posted…

1 Like

Grats @Chiquinho

It’s perfectly allowed, it’s just (generally) looked down upon by other members

2 Likes

Of course its allowed, but it does’n’t make friends doing point farming this way.

2 Likes

The reality is that the gallery is meant to be full of pictures of Soundcore products, well centered and shown off in a good light. So there will definitely be some similarities over time, and that isn’t a problem. Just try to be creative, and if you only have one or a few products available that you can use, go for lots of different backgrounds poses, focus, whatever. Outdoor on or with trees and plants is often good.

2 Likes

Photos are qualitative… Same pic, seen over at different light and direction appears different and enticing… just need a different background and a attractive feature can make any pic look great.

2 Likes