Q30 ANC not working when connected via cable

I also think in was cancelled/pulled. I have firmware ver 02.10 also. That’s what mine came with. I just checked before writing my reply.

1 Like

its been over a month, they probably should offer a way to downgrade to those affected

2 Likes

Strongly upvote this. We need to have an option to downgrade

5 Likes

I bought these headphones for the sole purpose of using noise cancelling with the AUX cord for my PC. A bit disappointing to see this not work.

5 Likes

I bought a Q30 a while ago and ANC works with AUX, firmware 2.10. I bought another Q30 for my wife recently, with firmware 2.30 and ANC doesn’t work with AUX. This is a problem! It should be fixed right away!

1 Like

I also have firmware 2.10 and ANC works in wired mode. The thing is, the App says my firmware is up to date. It really isn’t a big deal to me because I bought wireless Headphones to use wireless. But it works in mine nonetheless.

I believe the hardware was updated in the newer Q30’s (like a silent revision). If that’s the case, it very well could be that ANC and EQ can’t function in Aux mode.

All that being said, I bought Bluetooth Headphones to use wireless. If i want to use a wired connection, I use my wired cans. By the way, they are open backs without ANC or Built in EQ.

That brings me to another point. If you want to use them wired, then EQ them through whatever player you are using (or PC, etc). The other solution would be to just use them wireless. After all, isn’t that why you buy wireless Headphones in the 1st place?

1 Like

This is crazy useless! I am in a flight now but when I want to watch a movie by the inflight entertainment system, voila the Q30 is just a headphone in normal mode with a lot of background noise?!
How you can do this to you customers? I bought Q30 to use in noisy environment.
PLEASE fix this via a specific firmware upgrade or let us to prefer earlier versions also!

It’s a closed topic.

Did you read the post immediately above yours? The question is answered already there.

I apologize for the redundancy. I deleted the comment.

1 Like

So, 1.5years later that issue still hasnt been solved? I just had three of the most unpleasent flights ever as i bought the q30 almost solely for the purpose of enjoying inflight entertainment with noise canceling. And now i can even read here that it was supported but deleted with a new Version of the Firmware? If i wouldnt be travelling the next 3 months (9 more unpleasent flights to go…) i had already sent them back. Even my five years old 30€ headphones could do that Job.

Just issued a 1/5 Amazon rating and will never buy anything from that shitty brand again.

Same here but I bought 2 sets of Q30 only to use on long haul flights starting with London to Tokyo this week. At first I thought they were broken but both mine and my wife’s were not working on aux. They are going straight back to Amazon on our return.

I once had a Samsung A3 phone where they disabled the ability to expand the 16GB system memory via SD card with a non reversible firmware update “because it was slowing down phone performance”. My phone became useless to me. Such a change is unacceptable.

Thanks for the posts everyone.