Q30 hands free mode mic problems

Hi,
some days ago i bought the q30. Unfortunatley i got some problems when i try to use them in calls (slack, webex, etc) on my Windows 10 company notebook. At the beginning of the call the mic works. About 5min after beginning the call i get the message that my microphone (q30 hands-free) could not be found or that the connection to the microphone was lost. That happens everytime. Any solutions?

I try to set “q30 hands-free” in the Windows settings as the main overall used audio output, but there i can only set “q30 stereo”. In the Windows subsettings or in the app settings in slack etc. i can chose “q30-hands free”. Not sure but that seems strange to me.

Thanks and best regards
Fred

Q30 Firmware is 02.30

This is a question for all WIN-users.
In the past there was a simple repair some issues:

Delete the default bt-driver given by MS and install the bt driver from the manufacturer of you bt card instead.

Since its a company notebook thats not possible in my case, because i have no local admin right :frowning:

You might ask your admin for such an “update”.
There will be no “harm” on that company notebook by changing the driver. :grinning:

Sometimes there is corporate website where you request to generate a code to update drivers. Look for security software on it like Avecto and ask around if there’s a workaround. Instructions are usually you run some security software (which can grant Admin) and select driver update, and asks for a code you get from an intranet corportate site.

When I had a corp laptop, I found a VM image, I then formatted drive with Linux, it has the device drivers and the Windows corp VM I ran corp apps, but still had full control of hardware including drivers for audio.

VMs are in general a good thing to have , as you can run VPN within and separate work and non-work, and you can RDP into the VM’s screen so then you can access corp from your phone (phone RDP client, to RDP console over SSH).

Every geek knows exactly how to VM and VPN,but not every Soundcore user is a geek.