Q30 Issues I've found so far - 1 month ish user

ANC mode on app bugged - There’s some kind of bug that put Q30 to normal mode once you click soundcore app to change to outdoor and indoor ANC.
The “fix” I found is if you click on normal mode and click back to ANC, it will work, just don’t change between ANC modes again or you will get back to normal mode even when app says you are using ANC.
I’m on 1.70 - Android user.

Mic quality is really bad - Probably because of how NC is working, but I see it’s getting fixed in a next update (thanks anker)!

ANC and bass - ANC takes out lot of the bass and APP EQ is not enough, even if you use bass boost’s EQ settings. Would be great if you could boost it up a bit, either the volume or the bass. Not sure if this is only my Q30’s problem, but I don’t think so. I’m also not sure if it’s supposed to be this way tho!

Suggestion:
Automatic change EQ settings once you change between ANC on and off.
Let’s say I got 2 profiles named EQ1 and EQ2, one of them made to use with ANC on and the other one for ANC off.
It’s not a big deal to get the phone and manually change it, but would be really great to have it on auto (even if phones couldn’t save both settings on hardware and could only be done while app is running).

Anyways, still best phones I had, better than most with waaay higher price. This is not a bashing post, just wanting to improve something I already like! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree with you on your points. I’m just glad the mic got fixed. That update wil be rolled out next week as v1.8. The other stuff you mentioned also needs to get some attention. Mine has the same issues and I think others have this as well. This is coming from an ios user. I don’t think it matters which phone os someone is using.

After 1 month of Q30 usage I have exactly same observations as 1_o_o_1. Hopefully ANC modes switching will be fixed and automatic EQ settings switch between normal and ANC modes will be implemented.

I read some comments for other users with the same ANC issue, they sent back the headphones for warranty and receive a new headphones without this ANC issue, that means the problem is hardware and can’t be fix it with firmware update or app update.

Thanks for all this feedback @1_o_o_1! Soundcore thrives on feedback from the community to improve products!

@Loz who would be the correct team member to forward this feedback to?

1 Like

Thanks for putting this list together.

Good idea to edit and cross out as each has a fix or workarounds, add new issues.

Bug tracker.

So then over time the outstanding issues are left.

1 Like

Suggestion?

1 Like

Great list, thanks for tracking and reporting these. I hope everything gets fixed as the mic apparently has. I will almost certainly have a pair of these at some point, and hopefully feedback like this means all the issues will be fixed by then.

Thanks @The_Professor for bringing this to my attention.

Microphone bugs will be fixed once the headphone updated to v1.8. And as for the ANC issues mentioned, I will get my customer service staff to connect with you to understand more about the issues and provide the solutions.

1 Like

I’ve emailed support, thanks.

1 Like

I’ve got two pairs, one I bought in mid October that had no issues except for the mic quality (it got fixed with fw1.80 a while ago) and a new pair I bought as a Christmas gift. Sad to see that this one has all the issues mentioned here and elsewhere: sound unusable when ANC is active; no ANC when switching through modes in the app, except for Transport. Is this hardware related (in this case, I’d return it asap so a replacement will be here in time for christmas)?

2 Likes