Q30 mute button feature

I have updated firmware to 2.1. I am expecting a convenient way to mute/unmute during my calls. I use Q30 for my work like Zoom or Skype with multiple virtual desktops. If needed, i have to switch to meeting app and mute from app.
A quick single or double taps on right could be a nice trigger to mute/unmute.

10 Likes

Unsure if that is possible but it a good

It is a good idea not sure how it would be possible but it would be nice for sure

Today agreed! Being able to mute without going back to the conferencing app would be great. A quick press of the power button or like you indicated, a double tap of the right speaker would work… please Soundcore,I don’t want to go back to my old headset for this…

1 Like

Double-tap, power button click, everybody wants this in some way…

I was expecting this too, i’m using Microsoft teams, we can change the audio input but not the mute and unmute.

I have recently purchased these headphones and needed this feature to be able to mute Teams calls. Any combination of button clicks to mute the microphone will be welcome. This could very well be a dealbreaker for otherwise an outstanding set :frowning:

1 Like

I wonder if that would be possible with an update?

I would be also very interested in this feature!

1 Like

@Anker, could you please reply to our requests? Many people are waiting for this feature.

4 Likes

If you want an answer you should contact the soundcore support.
This is definitely not the support, this is a forum where users/customers are
having some conversations only.

2 Likes

Hi!
You can email service@soundcore.com or go to https://us.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us for all the relevant phone numbers.

Hi!
I never thought that a forum that is available on the official Soundcore homepage is not read by Soundcore personnel :slight_smile:
However, thank you for the information, I reported this issue to their support email address!

Cheers,
Gabor

1 Like

You probably noticed that a lot of topics are discussed here.
Your question might get “lost” among the various threads.
By writing to the e-mail address, you will receive an answer faster and from the most competent people :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

I highly recommend that everybody who is interested in this new feature to report the request to the support email address. I got a reply within 24h that the request will be forwarded to the product manager, so there is a chance that this feature will be solved with a future FW upgrade. The more requests, higher the chance that Anker will develop it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@kogabe Thanks for the information.
I’m glad you got a reply so quickly :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

This seems like such a basic feature to be missing. If there’s a microphone, there should be a mute button. I can’t believe I just wasted so much money on getting these headphones, when they’re pretty much useless for calls without a mute button. Very disappointed. I also don’t understand why Soundcore only offers an app for their headphones on iOS or Android. A lot of people use headphones with their computers, too, especially when working from home.

Which headphones do you own which have a mute button?

I have Sony and Bose and they don’t.

Also more buttons = more complexity = more places to go wrong = more accidental touches = e.g. more accidental mutes.

You have mute in the app / phone / computer.

Ability to mute mic through headphones is the only feature I’m missing in Q30.
Actually, there is no need for a new button or a combination of buttons. It could replace Transparency mode which is activated by pressing the right panel. It is already possible to easily switch to Transparency mode with at most 2x NC button clicks. Music can also be muted by Play/Pause button.

Just bought a pair of q30’s and was disappointed to find I couldn’t mute mic from headset. Also hoping they can add this as some kind of button combo or some similar solution.