Q30 popping/ static

i have had these for a just 2 days now. and a few things stick to my mind.

1. first i noticed was the carying thing was not as i have seen on other pictures.
    was kinda disapointed. but we will see.
  2. i have used it for my pc. as i have noisy neighburs.
    and want to use it. thats why i bough them.
    but they pops form time to time. static or somehting. but the pops are kinda loud. so it works against
    its purpose. of canceling noise…

its running firmware 1.9.

1. i have had issues using NFC. it might be my fault. but i have tryed several things. and meny times.
    but no luck…
    also its been kinda hard to connect via bluetooth. but i got it to work. after a few tryes.
  2. i will continue to use them until its too much popping… as it might go away. i hope.?
    eny one else with semilar experience ? and posible fix ?

Welcome I saw you post in Anker community, this is the best place to ask.

Make sure you do a reset.

NFC it is right at the very corner of the bottom right side, newer Q30 shipped with an explicit arrow on the sticker.

Yes the case varies based on where and when bought.

Popping sound may be caused based on the sequence you connect. Connect to Windows first with all other paired devices Bluetooth off. If you are connected to a PC and another device like phone at same time it can cause some issues, the most reliable is connected to PC first before connected to anything else like phone.

1 Like

On mine I can hear an occasional crack/pop sound too during playback.

i have done that. and its not popping as before unless its connected to bouth pc and phone.
witch i would prefer it to be.
to use it as a phone. and for the controls for the headset.

but if i turn of bluetooth of the phone theres realy no issue…
but thats like a part of its use. for me atleast. but i guess i have to change my ways. to awoid popping.

It is worse the more different is the Bluetooth version of devices. Two identical versions should have no issues.

what do you meen with versions ?
i think i found out what you meen. sorry for being a noob.
my phone has
Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
but i cant find out what the Q30 is ?

PC versions of bluetooth are typically version 4.1 or 4.2.
Phone bluetooth is typically 5.0

As the PC keeps connecting, it forces a version switch in the headphone when it is also connected to a phone, that causes the popping sound.

The lowest cost easiest workaround is to only connect to PC. The next option is to connect to PC first, phone 2nd, but if you move around lose the connection to the PC then it will reconnect and so be 2nd and the issue returns.
The more expensive option is to add a bluetooth 5 adapter and disable the 4.1 / 4.2 built-in.

Each version of bluetooth has a different A2DP profile version, that’s ultimately the issue.

You can reduce the issue by reducing how many bluetooth versions are active, e.g. follow this:

1 Like